Last boxing ppv did 50k

Boxing is too vague. Its an entire sport, for example someone can say they practice cardio boxing, went to the boxing gym, etc. Boxing is also used a lot in MMA/UFC.

The UFC will always have higher hashtag trends on social media, because they use a unified UFC# hashtag, whereas boxing only hashtags main event.

For example, UFN Sioux Falls only did 500k viewers but was trending more on social media than Thurman/Porter

So boxing is more ingrained in society got it .. but dont diminish ufc it has its place

Yes, it's a dying brand and that isn't a secret. PBC on NBC drew record low numbers not too long ago and seems to under-perform on most of the channels it's on. The great UFC isn't paying for air time. The network actually wants the product. The numbers on FOX were good, but the venture isn't actually making money, which is why it's dying.
I actually agree with you on that . My point is that UFC might not be killing it as much as you want us to believe if their stronger brand and stacked cards end up doing similar numbers as the struggling PBC and their crappy cards filled with no name contenders and predictable main events between B level stars .

The interest in boxing is still there as shown by these numbers , but the fragmentation of the sport and the politics stand in the way of making stacked and competitive cards every 2 weeks like the UFC does .

No, I can't imagine that, because the purses would be out of the roof, and it's debatable whether boxing even has that many stars.

I'm not talking about Superstars here, just a couple of champions and a good unification fight in one card would blow that UFC on FOX card in the ratings .

Boxing is too vague. Its an entire sport, for example someone can say they practice cardio boxing, went to the boxing gym, etc. Boxing is also used a lot in MMA/UFC.

The UFC will always have higher hashtag trends on social media, because they use a unified UFC# hashtag, whereas boxing only hashtags main event.

For example, UFN Sioux Falls only did 500k viewers but was trending more on social media than Thurman/Porter

201 was the number 1 trend on twitter last night, Frampton vs LSW was 7th when I looked at it, not sure what it peaked at.

201 was the number 1 trend on twitter last night, Frampton vs LSW was 7th when I looked at it, not sure what it peaked at.
Yeah its a lot easier to hashtag UFC.

Also keep in mind that the same hashtag is being used in a longer time frame. It starts all the way from the prelims.

Apparently the UFC sold for $4.2 billion was based on a 10 year valuation for a $400 million a year network deal.

Imagine boxing got a $400 million a year network deal? It would be like PBC for 2015 lol. Al would just pay the boxers more and pocket more money.

The deal is supposed to triple next negotiations or quadruple from 100 million a year to 300-400 million.

So boxing is more ingrained in society got it .. but dont diminish ufc it has its place

Boxing has a much more rich history and is more engrained in society yes, we all grew up on boxing.

nobody? WWE seems alive and well but I wont argue with an expert

WWE gets good ratings every week but their profits aren't that high. I believe it is valued around 1.5 billion as a company.

Yeah its a lot easier to hashtag UFC.

Also keep in mind that the same hashtag is being used in a longer time frame. It starts all the way from the prelims.

They just accept social media, they recognize that it is a key way to hype and market events. It's smart.

Mayweather wasn't box office until he fought Oscar. Crawford just needs the same kind of push. They are talking a possible fight with Pacquiao.
May wasn't box office till he made himself a villian. The fact he made himself be so hated along wit his record made him be able to sell so well. May in an incredibly boring fighter. To have his style and sell he had to sonething he did and it worked.

May wasn't box office till he made himself a villian. The fact he made himself be so hated along wit his record made him be able to sell so well. May in an incredibly boring fighter. To have his style and sell he had to sonething he did and it worked.

He didn't have the platform until the build up for the Oscar fight.

Jon Jones PPV's:

UFC 197 - 450k
UFC 182 - 800k
UFC 172 - 350k
UFC 165 - 310k
UFC 159 - 530k
UFC 152 - 450k
UFC 145 - 700k
UFC 140 - 480k
UFC 135 - 520k
UFC 128 - 490k

His average is 500k. If by barely, you meant exceeded 300k in every fight, often hundreds of thousands of buys more, then you'd actually be right.

PBC is a dying brand that's hemorrhaging money. It was doomed to fail, though, because Haymon literally had to pay people to air the product. That's how much network executives are interested in the product of boxing. Ordinarily, I would think it odd for someone to try and flaunt such a trainwreck, but I'm not surprised considering the source.

PBC on FOX on Jan 2016 drew 2.3 million viewers. UFC on FOX, during the same period, drew 2.43 million viewers. So even on an established network that does great numbers anyways, it still loses to the UFC.
I don't think people on here care much about PBC like you guys do about the UFC.
We're boxing fans while you guys are UFC fans not MMA fans.

I never said he doesn't get 300k, I said they can barely get 300k. 310k is barely in my book.
4 out of his last 6 were under 500k. That's not great for a so called GOAT in the sport that's also a large guy.
Mighty Mouse selling shit ppvs, I get that. Hes a little guy, but there is no excuse for why Jones needs to have a press room brawl and all the promos in the world to only get 800k.
Canelo-Cotto? I would be surprised if there was an ad in English for that fight yet it did 900k ppvs and out did anything the UFC has done financially.

The reason PBC wont work is because boxing doesn't have leagues. The UFC is MMA. PBC is not boxing.

The network executives are very interested in boxing but they know that the sport is too expensive.
You don't drive a Rolls Royce Phantom because you're not interested, you don't drive a Phantom because you can't afford it.
You drive a Chrysler 500 (The UFC) because its affordable and some what looks like a Phantom if you cross your eyes.

The UFC is cheap because they pay their fighters cheap.
Boxing is too expensive for network tv unless its unknowns and up and comers.

I think Klitschko being able to pull 12m viewers in Germany alone sorta smashes the whole boxing vs UFC argument.
Unless were just arguing twitter hashtags and youtube views as the only things that matter

Damn that's shockingly low!

I think Klitschko being able to pull 12m viewers in Germany alone sorta smashes the whole boxing vs UFC argument.
Unless were just arguing twitter hashtags and youtube views as the only things that matter
Kameda was drawing half of Japanese households, that's around 60 million people. I don't even think Kid Yamamoto was able to pull those kinds of numbers in Japan

If networks wanted boxing they would have it and shell out big money to get it. PBC hasn't been able to secure a deal but that is either on them or the networks just aren't interested in boxing as a product enough to invest big money in them.

I find that I can hardly even sleep at night after a boxing match does not make the promotors as much money as they were hoping for. How will they feed the children?

Back