Last boxing ppv did 50k

MMA consistently does better PPV numbers and has higher viewership on free TV than boxing. Make of that what you will.
No it doesnt.
Canelo-Cotto had a bigger live gate than anything in UFC history and it sold 900K ppvs with little promotion. Rousey had all the promotion in the world and the UFC was ecstatic when Rousey did 900K.
I should also mention Canelo and Cotto made more money than any UFC fighter has ever.
Also the most watched fight on tv last year was a boxing match, Thurman-Guerrero. The most watched fight so far this year? Also a boxing match, Thurman-Porter.

Fuck outta here with your consistent 200k ppvs with fighters you moron consider stars.

Canelo does over 20m viewers in Mexico per fight. Fuck your nonsense

- Inherently more entertaining fights
- Better, more competitive matchups
- Stacked cards
- Fighters are actually promoted well -- all of them, not just main eventers
- Money is actually invested into building the sport rather than adding to a fighter's car collection

There are a number of reasons. And boxing fans can cling to the fantasy that their sport has a monopoly on 'A-level athletes', but those 'A-level athletes' spend the majority of their time fighting no-names, like 'Sullivan Barrera'.
The UFC fights are boring and the cards arent stacked, you're just a moron who believes the same shit Robjenkins believes. Every guy is a monster, every guy is dangerous, every guy is an elite level _____. Same horse shit they throw out there that some jackass eats up.
Also the UFC is a business not a sport. No one cares about MMA, and a declining percentage cares about the UFC.
U had to pump juice into Brock Lesnars ass just to get UFC 200 to just under 1m ppvs.
Dying sport

Wow...

Promoter likely lost money on that card. Unless there was a substantial live gate. That's not good business.
gate was terrible. entire upper level was blocked off. conspiracy theorists will tell you that arum set up crawford to fail because he was getting too big for his britches. kinda like when manny "lost" to bradley

<41>

Mayweather vs Pacquaio is an outlier. UFC consistently does better than boxing PPV's, which is the important thing.

And ? UFC's model is based around PPV , boxing's around premium networks like HBO and Showtime .

Why would i want a sport i follow to be on PPV anyway ?

No it doesnt.
Canelo-Cotto had a bigger live gate than anything in UFC history and it sold 900K ppvs with little promotion. Rousey had all the promotion in the world and the UFC was ecstatic when Rousey did 900K.
I should also mention Canelo and Cotto made more money than any UFC fighter has ever.
Also the most watched fight on tv last year was a boxing match, Thurman-Guerrero. The most watched fight so far this year? Also a boxing match, Thurman-Porter.

Fuck outta here with your consistent 200k ppvs with fighters you moron consider stars.

Canelo does over 20m viewers in Mexico per fight. Fuck your nonsense

Canelo-Cotto isn't evidence against the fact that the UFC consistently beats boxing. The fact that you had to try and invalidate an example that disproves your argument with tons of red herrings about gate, fighter pay, promotion, etc. underscores this point. Even Mighty Mouse Johnson, the worst star for PPV in recent memory, does better PPV numbers than some top boxers. I get it, your shtick is the overzealous boxing fan, but the denial is just sad.

And ? UFC's model is based around PPV , boxing's around premium networks like HBO and Showtime .

Why would i want a sport i follow to be on PPV anyway ?

Apparently, that model isn't work either considering HBO cut its boxing budget. If UFC was on a 'premium network' in the United States, it would easily outperform boxing, just as it outperforms it on basic cable.

Last edited:
Canelo-Cotto isn't evidence against the fact that the UFC consistently beats boxing. The fact that you had to try and invalidate an example that disproves your argument with tons of red herrings about gate, fighter pay, promotion, etc. underscores this point. Even Mighty Mouse Johnson, the worst star for PPV in recent memory, does better PPV numbers than some top boxers. I get it, your shtick is the overzealous boxing fan, but the denial is just sad.
Literally no one expected Crawford/Postol to sell well. It was made clear by Bob Arum that it was only PPV because HBO's budget wouldn't allow Crawford to fight on TV again this year. So it was either Crawford fight in a significant fight off TV or not fight at all until HBO's next budget cycle begins.

You're comparing boxings's worst PPV to UFCs best numbers.

I will agree that the networks and promoters are doing a terrible job of promoting and building fighters lately though. I think HBO wants to just turn into a platform for their bad dramas. Boxing is too much work.

Apparently, that model isn't work either considering HBO cut its boxing budget. If UFC was on a 'premium network' in the United States, it would easily outperform boxing, just as it outperforms it on basic cable.
Consistently beats boxing in what?
Boxers make more money, get more viewers, have bigger gates and higher revenues.
Do u know the amount of Europeans that tune in to watch Klitschko fight? Anthony Joshua is doing 400k-500k ppvs in Britain fighting nobodies.
You can barely get 300k to pay to watch Coke Muel Jones and hes supposedly your best fighter.

Let me guess your next argument, "well the UFC sells more ppvs annually".
Thats because they have 13 ppvs compared to boxings 4.

PBC got more viewers last year than every MMA company put together.
Armbar that shit bag.

Consistently beats boxing in what?
Boxers make more money, get more viewers, have bigger gates and higher revenues.
Do u know the amount of Europeans that tune in to watch Klitschko fight? Anthony Joshua is doing 400k-500k ppvs in Britain fighting nobodies.
You can barely get 300k to pay to watch Coke Muel Jones and hes supposedly your best fighter.

Let me guess your next argument, "well the UFC sells more ppvs annually".
Thats because they have 13 ppvs compared to boxings 4.

PBC got more viewers last year than every MMA company put together.
Armbar that shit bag.

Jon Jones PPV's:

UFC 197 - 450k
UFC 182 - 800k
UFC 172 - 350k
UFC 165 - 310k
UFC 159 - 530k
UFC 152 - 450k
UFC 145 - 700k
UFC 140 - 480k
UFC 135 - 520k
UFC 128 - 490k

His average is 500k. If by barely, you meant exceeded 300k in every fight, often hundreds of thousands of buys more, then you'd actually be right.

PBC is a dying brand that's hemorrhaging money. It was doomed to fail, though, because Haymon literally had to pay people to air the product. That's how much network executives are interested in the product of boxing. Ordinarily, I would think it odd for someone to try and flaunt such a trainwreck, but I'm not surprised considering the source.

PBC on FOX on Jan 2016 drew 2.3 million viewers. UFC on FOX, during the same period, drew 2.43 million viewers. So even on an established network that does great numbers anyways, it still loses to the UFC.

Glaser is reporting 65K. Rumors out there that it was 50K. I think it's safe to say that it's around that.

Glaser is reporting 65K. Rumors out there that it was 50K. I think it's safe to say that it's around that.
Wow so they ended up making a profit . Impressive ,

Time warner had massive budget cuts and staff lay offs in the past couple years , it's not just boxing they're cutting down on at the moment .

PBC on FOX on Jan 2016 drew 2.3 million viewers. UFC on FOX, during the same period, drew 2.43 million viewers. So even on an established network that does great numbers anyways, it still loses to the UFC.

So a dying brand like PBC with an event headlined by B+ players like Guerrero and Garcia does comparable ratings to the great UFC and their stacked cards ?

Can you imagine the ratings PBC would pull on fox if they had a card with the star power of overeem , Dos Santos , Dos Anjos , Cerrone , Nate diaz ... like UFC on FOX 17 had ? that card didn't even break 3 mil .

So many insecure people in here, who the hell cares. We watch fights for the fights.

The most watched fight so far this year? Also a boxing match, Thurman-Porter.

UFC on Fox 20 beat that by a good amount, with the weakest card and main event ever.

Holly/Shevchenko was the most watched fight this year.

Time warner had massive budget cuts and staff lay offs in the past couple years , it's not just boxing they're cutting down on at the moment .

Obviously they're not trimming what's working and generating money. They're outright refusing to carry fights certain fights unless they're made into PPVs. That's how successful the model is.

So a dying brand like PBC with an event headlined by B+ players like Guerrero and Garcia does comparable ratings to the great UFC and their stacked cards ?

Can you imagine the ratings PBC would pull on fox if they had a card with the star power of overeem , Dos Santos , Dos Anjos , Cerrone , Nate diaz ... like UFC on FOX 17 had ? that card didn't even break 3 mil .

Yes, it's a dying brand and that isn't a secret. PBC on NBC drew record low numbers not too long ago and seems to under-perform on most of the channels it's on. The great UFC isn't paying for air time. The network actually wants the product. The numbers on FOX were good, but the venture isn't actually making money, which is why it's dying.

No, I can't imagine that, because the purses would be out of the roof, and it's debatable whether boxing even has that many stars.

found this interesting @Queen B did media tracking for tweets on mma , ufc BOXEO and BOXING

Boxeo 85.7 posts/hour , UFC 29 posts/minute....

Boxing 35 posts/minute MMA 17.6 posts/minute

for reference Justin B 80 posts/minute

not making this a competition but you can clearly see both sports are nich but successful

found this interesting @Queen B did media tracking for tweets on mma , ufc BOXEO and BOXING

Boxeo 85.7 posts/hour , UFC 29 posts/minute....

Boxing 9.1 posts/minute MMA 17.6 posts/minute

not making this a competition but you can clearly see both sports are nich but successful
Boxing is too vague. Its an entire sport, for example someone can say they practice cardio boxing, went to the boxing gym, etc. Boxing is also used a lot in MMA/UFC.

The UFC will always have higher hashtag trends on social media, because they use a unified UFC# hashtag, whereas boxing only hashtags main event.

For example, UFN Sioux Falls only did 500k viewers but was trending more on social media than Thurman/Porter

The UFC fights are boring and the cards arent stacked, you're just a moron who believes the same shit Robjenkins believes. Every guy is a monster, every guy is dangerous, every guy is an elite level _____. Same horse shit they throw out there that some jackass eats up.
Also the UFC is a business not a sport. No one cares about MMA, and a declining percentage cares about the UFC.
U had to pump juice into Brock Lesnars ass just to get UFC 200 to just under 1m ppvs.
Dying sport
The salt

Yes, it's a dying brand and that isn't a secret. PBC on NBC drew record low numbers not too long ago and seems to under-perform on most of the channels it's on. The great UFC isn't paying for air time. The network actually wants the product. The numbers on FOX were good, but the venture isn't actually making money, which is why it's dying.

No, I can't imagine that, because the purses would be out of the roof, and it's debatable whether boxing even has that many stars.
Apparently the UFC sold for $4.2 billion was based on a 10 year valuation for a $400 million a year network deal.

Imagine boxing got a $400 million a year network deal? It would be like PBC for 2015 lol. Al would just pay the boxers more and pocket more money.

Back