Larry Holmes Kicked Out Of Hall Of Fame!

Weird thread all around, and the thread title is absurd.

Larry was inducted and the event was incredibly meaningful and moving, and I assure you that he

Well, my friend ... perhaps once you discover how unfulfilling responding like that is and that it actually does more to confirm otherwise baseless insults like that instead of dispel em, you may see where I'm coming from.

Listen, I know because I've been there; done that. It's much better to ignore or seemingly ignore shit like that and respond to the real points of contention. It makes the other guy look stupid especially if you really trump his logic or lack thereof.

If you still disagree with me, that's fine. At any rate, it's against the rules(flaming) so try not to respond like that or at least keep it to a minimum.

You seem like a smart guy though it remains to be seen. Time always tells. Welcome to the boxing forum.

*falls off soap box*

jibber jabber to me, people here want to force their opinions on others and if they arent satisfied they are reduced to name calling. but I have said my piece and thats what this forum is about, having your say, no one has to agree with me call me names, just state your case and be done with it.I think I'm gona go for ice cream.

Larry is one of boxings' good guys. You can always select a flaw or two; an outlandish soundbite or claim and harp on it but overall he was a damn good fighter who had to fight for his own niche and finally achieved fame on his own merits.

I'd hate to get hit with one of his jabs ... or flying drop kicks!

great now he's a kickboxer too

jibber jabber to me, people here want to force their opinions on others and if they arent satisfied they are reduced to name calling. but I have said my piece and thats what this forum is about, having your say, no one has to agree with me call me names, just state your case and be done with it.I think I'm gona go for ice cream.

Thats right Kava1, dont let the "man" get you down, you crazy rebel you.

I was around in 64 but I don't think I was interested in much beyond my teething ring.

I know Foreman has said he was fearful of Frazier before their bout but I heard in Fraziers' "Beyond The Glory", I believe, that he was regarded as being undersized for the heavyweight division at the beginning of his pro career.

It was that or the piece on him by ESPNs' SportsCentury.

Of course, once he started his career, kicked some butt and won the title, knocking out some very good fighters along the way he did acquire respect from most fighters including young amateurs and up and comers like George Foreman.

I know you know this already Kid but in looking for the source of the info I mentioned above I found that Frazier had lost in his bid for the Olympics to Buster Mathis and only got his chance to perform by Mathis' injury ... did he lose to him again as a pro?

I think he did.

Foreman Vs holmes prob holmes would of been a good fight. similar to rumble in the jungle or was that a tarzan movie

a crack team of moderators who look for excessive arguments over minor points, and they take action.

young-guns.jpg

I liked how Larry Holmes looked goofy but was deadly. Kinda like Tim Sylvia. As they say "Looks aren't everything" heehee.

You can ask him to sign autographs, but you can't make him....fuck dat shit...

Let me say this about Larry Holmes as a fan of his for life.

In 1979, I wrote him for a 4th grade project. I asked him if he was out of shape for the Mike Weaver fight, who would win between Tate and Coetzee and who hit him the hardest.

He wrote me back, send me a real autographed picture and some other stuff. He wrote me on another occasion too.

Pretty cool dude if you ask me. He made a young boys dream. I remember watching him lose when I was 15 to Spinks. Devastating.

He was an essential part of my growing up- watched all of his fights for about 7 years straight with my Dad.

THANKS LARRY!!!!!

Back