Larry Holmes Kicked Out Of Hall Of Fame!

kimbodice

White Belt
Reaction score
Fightbeat has just received information that 2008 Boxing Hall of Fame Inductee Larry Holmes was involved in a heated argument with Ed Brophy of the Boxing Hall of Fame. Holmes was then asked to leave the premises and not to return for the induction ceremonies.

Fight Beat | News

larry holmes was a good fighter would'nt say great. these halls of fame are here to honour him why not sign a few autographs.

The issue wasn't about him not signing autographs; he was.

so what other fighters would have beaten Holmes in his prime?

There is always going to be some kid who says fighter X wasnt any good, but fighter Y was the best ever.

Larry Holmes ain't taking any shit from anyone at this point in his life .... even if he deserves it.

Someone needs to make me a custom belt. I think that would be the hotness.

Larry shouldnt have to jump through hoops to get into the hall of fame. I hate when orgazations tie a bunch of bullshit to what is supposed to be honoring the athlete, not exploiting them one last time.

And Larry was never that good? WTF? He was one win away from tieing Marciano for best HW record ever before he was robbed against Spinx.

I thought Spinks beat him clean in their first fight. No robbery.

Funny stuff.

Shoot, after 30 odds years, I think Holmes may finally be growing on me.

so what other fighters would have beaten Holmes in his prime?

I think Tyson beats Holmes at any point in his career.
Frazier I think would dip and duck his way into Holmes' chest and beat him.
I think Prime Holmes beats Foreman though..although a great fight..

I think Holmes is top 5-8 best heavies ever.. 1 best jab ever

I think Tyson beats Holmes at any point in his career.
Frazier I think would dip and duck his way into Holmes' chest and beat him.
I think Prime Holmes beats Foreman though..although a great fight..

I think Holmes is top 5-8 best heavies ever.. 1 best jab ever

how is Frazier always ranked ahead of foreman when foreman nearly killed him over 4 rounds ?

why did Marciano retire so early ? was he injuried and was there any around at the time that marciano didn't fight ewho he should of fought ?

thjank you

how is Frazier always ranked ahead of foreman when foreman nearly killed him over 4 rounds ?

why did Marciano retire so early ? was he injuried and was there any around at the time that marciano didn't fight ewho he should of fought ?

thjank you

I dont think he was rating Frazier over Foreman, just saying that matchup wise against Holmes, Frazier would do better than Foreman.

Its the anti-MMA math argument.

Plus when Foreman showed up he looked intimidating, had awesome power and bascially had a dominating aura similar to Tysons'.

Frazier was viewed as a small heavyweight entering the pros, who's chances of success were decidedly less than Foremans'.

When they finally met, the outcome was "proof" of what they were saying all along.

For the record, I concur that Foreman was the better fighter overall and matchup wise vs Frazier.

Back