Larkin has pretty boxing

Always been a great striker. Given the right matchups who knows what can happen. That's what so great about Lawler as champ, so many guys who can try and claim that belt:

Rory rematch
Condit
Larkin rematch
Diaz rematch
Hendricks trilogy

Just so many potentially great matchups. I for one want it to be Diaz if he manages to get by Silva. If not Rory/Lombard winner needs to be it. Don't want a Hendricks trilogy without a fight in between.

The fact that he has a solid win against the current champ probably helps.

No one was starting a Rick Story hype train whenever he'd get a win.

Larkin looked good against a guy who's probably ranked ~20. Let's see what he does in his next few fights before crowning a contender.

Larkin looked good against a guy who's probably ranked ~20. Let's see what he does in his next few fights before crowning a contender.

Story's one of those guys who's always dangerous just not consistent imo. Larkin's dangerous too and is a great addition to WW

I think the difference Story was winning and losing at WW. Larkin as well as Lawler were losing when they were fighting at MW. But Lawler was on a tear as soon as he dropped down to WW and I anticipate something similar with Larkin, we will see what happens. I think Larkin will at least become a contender at some point, don't know if he would beat Lawler again but I think he has the ability/style to.

I don't disagree that he still has to prove himself. But when a guy who beat the champ moves down and looks better than he has since that fight. It's different with Story, because of his inconsistency. But honestly, I wouldn't be surprised to see Story give Hendricks the same problems if they fought again. People act like there is some sort of pecking order because of rankings. But it really is all about the matchups.

I think if he is given the right matchups, he very well could be a contender. On the other hand, if he still has trouble with wrestlers at WW, a few bad matchups and he could be out of a job.

He finally looks in good shape. His punching was fantastic. Great strait punches

Back