Largest prize for ex wife in history.

• Thread starter Deleted member 457759
  • Start date
Maybe he actually, you know, loved her. Is that really so unfathomable to you guys?

so if you love someone then any thought of asset protection should just fly out the window? Can't say I agree with that.

so if you love someone then any thought of asset protection should just fly out the window? Can't say I agree with that.

Trust, you know. I have a pretty decent amount of assets. Nowhere near what Paul McCartney has, but not bad. I'm already married, but if I were just getting married now I wouldn't think of asking for that. If you're not planning to be married forever--and not sure that your wife is on the same page with that--don't get married.

Man, I wouldn't be able to deal with this if it ever happened to me. Honestly, since childhood, when I heard of Ivana Trump getting a lot from her divorce, a rage builds up in side of me and a desire to hear these wives get harmed. I guess the reason these people are billionaires is they are smart/calm enough to NOT harm their ex-wives or defy these settlements, but I would do everything in my power to not give them a penny. Then again, if you're absurdly wealthy and your significant other had nothing to do with you acquiring that wealth, you probably shouldn't get married in the first place.

Seriously though, with 9 billion in assets, can't that Russian have her killed and buy himself asylum somewhere?

You need psychological help. I'm serious man, counseling can be really good for you, someone to talk to that won't judge you.

So it's not unusual for a spouse to get half of marital assets after a divorce. What you guys are really (!) upset about is a rich guy got treated the same as regular people. What's the alternative? Maybe a separate set of laws for the rich?
JVS is the white knight for the billionaire ex-wife while everyone who supports the billionaire ex-husband must love oligarchy.

Trust, you know. I have a pretty decent amount of assets. Nowhere near what Paul McCartney has, but not bad. I'm already married, but if I were just getting married now I wouldn't think of asking for that. If you're not planning to be married forever--and not sure that your wife is on the same page with that--don't get married.

Apples and oranges imo.

He was marrying someone who was younger than his children, it was his second marriage after the death of his first wife. I am sure he went in there with the most noble intentions but you gotta realise that love is not always a one way street, especially in that sort of situation. The age gap is bound to become a problem eventually, he was not particularly smart in the way he approached it.

But he is doing alright still so meh.

JVS is the white knight for the billionaire ex-wife while everyone who supports the billionaire ex-husband must love oligarchy.

I'm not saying anything about the wife. I'm not sure what she's even supposed to have done wrong. People who are flipping out about this are flipping out about the court treating the rich guy as if he were a regular person.

Not really... Marriage is basically a contract to share your assets till death due you part. Everyone is aware of the risks should that contract be severed without a prenup.

I'm sorry, but I just don't see pussy blindness as a valid excuse unless you're willing to accept the consequences.

On behalf of those struck pussy blind, its not always an easy disease to recover from.

It's not complicated. When you are married, it's not "his" money. It's joint money. It's no more "his" money than the funds held by a corporation he heads up is "his" money.

Unless you come INTO a marriage with money and segregate it, or you have a prenup, that's how it works.

Totally legit IMO.

This ^^^. Major jimmies being rustled up in here.

My mother got me and nothing else from my dad - LOL. But then again, this wasn't north America and it was quite a while ago.

Someone in the Mayberry suggested he hire a hitman. Turns out he served 11months in jail after being charged with contracting a hit until he beat the charge. He's also had several attempts made on his life.

You all should do some reading about this dude, he was pretty shrewd.

For those of you who haven't read more than the OP, they didn't get a prenup because they married when they were broke and 20 or so. She's divorcing him because he's allegedly been gangbanging 20 year olds with his business associates.

His daughter purchased the most expensive single dwelling in NYC ever sold, last year.

It's not complicated. When you are married, it's not "his" money. It's joint money. It's no more "his" money than the funds held by a corporation he heads up is "his" money.

Unless you come INTO a marriage with money and segregate it, or you have a prenup, that's how it works.

Totally legit IMO.

First of all I doubt there's any area of law which can be described as "not complicated".

I don't even get what's going on with court jurisdictions here. Are they swiss citizens or is this some kind of international court of marital justice?

And you seem to be saying all marriages in the world operate under community property laws if no prenup. Clearly there's a lot more variety than that, even among states in the US.

the woman should only be allowed 10% of the wealth.

most cases the women did absolutetly nothing except spread and go shopping.

Ummmm ... yeah. Did you not get the word? Just being born into the right family can make you a billionaire. Dumbasses get billions for nothing more than having the right familial relation. What's more, in older eras dumbasses would inherit entire kingdoms and empires, essentially for no good reason apart from accident of birth.

Next to being born into it, marriage has always been the easiest way to make money.

However it's not quite that simple, because if you marry somebody without money (like this woman), while you theoretically get half the upside if they strike it rich ... the odds of that are extremely low. So it's not like she did nothing, she and her husband united their finances way back when he had nothing. It's like investing in Microsoft at the very beginning ... it's the early commitment, the early bet, that pays off.

On the other hand, if you are marrying into money and you don't have any yourself, usually that money will be locked up tight with a prenup and/or other legal protections.

That's why it's so rare for this sort of thing to happen at this level.

Wow, that's an informative post. Thank you.

First of all I doubt there's any area of law which can be described as "not complicated".

I don't even get what's going on with court jurisdictions here. Are they swiss citizens or is this some kind of international court of marital justice?

And you seem to be saying all marriages in the world operate under community property laws if no prenup. Clearly there's a lot more variety than that, even among states in the US.

There's certainly a lot of variety but most western nations operate under the idea of joint marital property and then tweak it from there.

I'm not sure why anyone is concerned about McCartney, who paid out less than 10% to his ex. I'm not sure how he became a victim.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Freddie556
Back