Lara: Canelo Did Not Fight The Same Angulo I Fought

I just saw the Lara vs Angulo fight again (sober)

It wasn't as terrible of a performance by lara many of us are making it out to be. lara did time some perfect counters...yeah he got caught with some looping, telegraphed punches and got caught on the ropes more often than he should...but all in all, it wasn't a bad performance. He put together some great combos as well.

canelo isn't the pressure fighter Angulo is either...sure Canelo will swarm over opponents much smaller than him like Joseito lopez but Lara will stand his ground...

Initially I had Canelo winning this convincingly...I have now as only a slight favorite.

Lara beat his ass. He just took waaaay bigger shots than he should have. Cant afford to get hit like that by Canelo, and I think he will be.

Lara beat his ass. He just took waaaay bigger shots than he should have. Cant afford to get hit like that by Canelo, and I think he will be.

Yeah...I was surprised seeing Lara get caught like that...

the second knock down he suffered was such a rookie mistake...I don't mean to sound like Goldenboy but even I could see that coming...

Canelo is much sharper, stronger, quicker than Angulo...this is going to be a great fight...

I have Canelo in a 8 Fight/game Parlay...nothing more than that.

Yeah...I was surprised seeing Lara get caught like that...

the second knock down he suffered was such a rookie mistake...I don't mean to sound like Goldenboy but even I could see that coming...

Canelo is much sharper, stronger, quicker than Angulo...this is going to be a great fight...

I have Canelo in a 8 Fight/game Parlay...nothing more than that.

iMDdQ2qFqVhs3.gif

Nasty.

Biggest understatement of all time...

Lara could say, "...my career is more impressive than mayweathers."

And you would somehow agree.

Wins over Trout, Angulo, should have gotten the nod over P.Dub. He beat the son of the great 'Motor City Cobra'. And not to mention he had a draw with Vanes Martirosyan, who is Armenian, and had been building up a lot of steam.

I mean he pretty much cleared out the division, what else could he have done at this point? With a win over Canelo, he def could be considered top 4-7 p4p ATG. I would only be able to put Pep, Saddler, Jim Jeffries, and Primo ahead of him I think. Maybe Larry Holmes, due to the jab.

The game has changed since the "golden age" were people fight 20 cab drivers a month, mkay?

Canelo is better at everything than Angulo. Canelo is going to school Lara. 117-111ish across the board.

Canelo is better at everything than Angulo. Canelo is going to school Lara. 117-111ish across the board.

I think it's going to be a little closer than that.

I give Canelo a 2 round advantage.

lara made some mistakes in the Angulo fight and got caught with shots he shouldn't have, but the man has some sick counters and accurate punches..

The Vegas odds are about right. Canelo at -145

I think people are underrating Canelo's defensive skills. I've been fairly impressed with the kid in his last couple of fights and I was never a fan.

The concern for Canelo is his gas tank and is it really going to matter with a guy as passive as Lara?

I honestly don't see why people are picking Lara here. Canelo wins easy just by being busier. I think this fight is going to be a huge letdown.

I think people are underrating Canelo's defensive skills. I've been fairly impressed with the kid in his last couple of fights and I was never a fan.

The concern for Canelo is his gas tank and is it really going to matter with a guy as passive as Lara?

I honestly don't see why people are picking Lara here. Canelo wins easy just by being busier. I think this fight is going to be a huge letdown.

Lara's workrate is a subject that you and I (respectfually) disagree on.

In the Angulo Fight, he was very busy...he had a very high punch rate and was throwing everything to keep Angulo off him.

Canelo's gas tank is another factor (as you mentioned) which also warrants attention.

Canelo needs to win the early rounds to get a substainal lead...I can picture Lara winning the later rounds and making this a very close fight.

So what's the evidence for Canelo having a poor gas tank, other than him looking a bit lazy at times?

He looked fine against Floyd, even with the extra pounds to shed and he looked great against Angulo, stepping up the pace in a part of the fight that he was meant to tire in.

People seemed convinced that he had gassed in the Trout fight, but there's clearly a much obvious answer as to why he stopped working. Canelo knew he'd won the fight, the scores were given to him in the corner and it was impossible for Trout to win without a knockout. So naturally, Canelo stopped taking risks and coasted.

If the scores would of had Trout winning, you'd of seen a much more aggressive Canelo.

So what's the evidence for Canelo having a poor gas tank, other than him looking a bit lazy at times?

He looked fine against Floyd, even with the extra pounds to shed and he looked great against Angulo, stepping up the pace in a part of the fight that he was meant to tire in.

People seemed convinced that he had gassed in the Trout fight, but there's clearly a much obvious answer as to why he stopped working. Canelo knew he'd won the fight, the scores were given to him in the corner and it was impossible for Trout to win without a knockout. So naturally, Canelo stopped taking risks and coasted.

If the scores would of had Trout winning, you'd of seen a much more aggressive Canelo.

It was the Trout fight...

there were several rounds where Canelo would start strong...and then stop fighting or seem to coast the second half of the round. I'm not sure if he was just tired, or attempting to get his timing down....but the fight with Trout didn't have to be as close as it was.

Canelo definitely gassed. He stopped moving his head, and his hands were dropping, and he was getting hits with shots he would have slipped earlier on in the fight.

It was the Trout fight...

there were several rounds where Canelo would start strong...and then stop fighting or seem to coast the second half of the round. I'm not sure if he was just tired, or attempting to get his timing down....but the fight with Trout didn't have to be as close as it was.

What's the point in taking unnecessary risks if you are winning the fight and know or a fact that you're winning?

Canelo could of stepped it up a gear at any point during that fight.

Canelo definitely gassed. He stopped moving his head, and his hands were dropping, and he was getting hits with shots he would have slipped earlier on in the fight.

What's the point in taking unnecessary risks if you are winning the fight and know or a fact that you're winning?

Canelo could of stepped it up a gear at any point during that fight.

If I remember correctly it was before the score cards were announced and before he knew he was ahead...

I could be wrong...

Then again, when Canelo was fighting defensively he impressed me even more with his ability to evade/slip punches.

I c

He stopped trying, there's a difference.

I've seen Canelo get lazy and get hit with silly shots in the middle of a fight, it has nothing to do with him gassing, it's just the way he fights. He done it against Floyd in some rounds.

Back