Lara: Canelo Did Not Fight The Same Angulo I Fought

cuban23

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
Once again, I agree with Lara.

"He lost a lot in our fight. He took a ton of punishment and I think it showed when he fought Canelo. That wasn't the same Angulo as the Angulo that I fought," Lara explained.

Lara has called for a shot against the Mexican superstar for many years. When asked why he thinks that Canelo finally accepted his challenge, Lara said that the answer is simple, he has ran out of credible opponents.

"He had to fight me. What other high caliber opponents are there? If he wants to stay at this level he has to fight top guys so I think he had to fight me"

No, Canelo just didnt get planted on his ass.

Lara is talking a lot of dumb shit lately.

Lara didnt fight the same Trout that Canelo did.

I disagree because Trout did not take a beating in that fight, he out landed Canelo and many thought he won the fight. That was a close back and forth fight.

Lara busted up Angulo's eye and made him quit.

The difference is that Angulo took a savage beating against Lara. Trout on the other hand, did NOT take a savage beating against Canelo.

Once again, I agree with Lara.

"
you-dont-say-meme.png

The difference was how passive Lara was. He lays back too much and lets a guy like Angulo build up steam. A guy like LAra can be outworked which is exactly why Canelo will win a landslide decision.

I disagree because Trout did not take a beating in that fight, he out landed Canelo and many thought he won the fight. That was a close back and forth fight.

Lara busted up Angulo's eye and made him quit.

The difference is that Angulo took a savage beating against Lara. Trout on the other hand, did NOT take a savage beating against Canelo.

GTFO..

In both situations the fighters had plenty of time to recover and learn.

You're just skewing the narrative to your preferred benefit.

you-dont-say-meme.png

The difference was how passive Lara was. He lays back too much and lets a guy like Angulo build up steam. A guy like LAra can be outworked which is exactly why Canelo will win a landslide decision.

Canelo isn't exactly known for a high workrate. In fact, Trout almost beat Canelo by more or less by outworking him.

you-dont-say-meme.png

Lmao at this pic...

Lara has been trying to hype up the fight, he says pretty stupid shit.

Hope you're right.

I agree

Angulo was in seek and destroy mode against Lara

For the Canelo fight he was in throw the fight and let Canelo kick your ass or your going to be deported mode

Canelo still stops Lara though

I see Canelo pressing hard on Lara and stopping him late.

Whatyever stupid thing lara says he will still show up on fight night and throw 4 punches a round and get heavily outworked by the better fighter and perhaps even stopped

No idea how Canelo is the favorite. Lara wins this fight no matter how stupid he sounds.

Styles make fights. Lara has the boxing ability to trouble the plodding Canelo. However, Lara's shaky punch resistance combined Canelo's above average power makes me believe the course of the fight can be changed with one punch.

The Angulo who fought Canelo was better than the Angulo who fought Lara.

TS you're wrong again.

Biggest understatement of all time...

Lara could say, "...my career is more impressive than mayweathers."

And you would somehow agree.

Of course because TS loves Lara with passion but that won't be healthy this time.

I just saw the Lara vs Angulo fight again (sober)

It wasn't as terrible of a performance by lara many of us are making it out to be. lara did time some perfect counters...yeah he got caught with some looping, telegraphed punches and got caught on the ropes more often than he should...but all in all, it wasn't a bad performance. He put together some great combos as well.

canelo isn't the pressure fighter Angulo is either...sure Canelo will swarm over opponents much smaller than him like Joseito lopez but Lara will stand his ground...

Initially I had Canelo winning this convincingly...I have now as only a slight favorite.

Back