LAPD upset with TMZ for how quickly they (accurately) reported on Kobe's death

Should I call you a white knight or a blue knight as you defend well paid government employees against a livestock nickname?

I often find people named MadMick to lead lives richer in inaccurate conservative nonsense.
They're not by any means well paid you dipshit

It's part of the same thing genius: They're crying about some perceived idea that specific individuals were gravely hurt by TMZ informing the general public because that would then lead to the families knowing and this being some major wrongdoing worth a popshot in public statements by the police, but you don't like what I have to say so you'll misstate that as a misstatement.

I mean, yeah? I’m pretty sure Vanessa Bryant and her two other children (the 17 year old at least) were pretty badly hurt finding out there husband/father was dead from a TMZ report with little to no info to go along with it.

The police would prefer to have a couple officers (or even a police chaplain if one of them is available) do it in person so they can be there to hold or hug or get slapped by the grieving widow and make sure they’re as “ok” as one can be in that situation but also to answer all the questions they’ll have.

I guarantee you her first response was denial. “There’s been a mistake” “that’s not their helicopter” “they reported only 4 dead so 5 are still alive, Kobe and our daughter are not dead” etc. followed by her frantically trying to call him or their daughter and getting no answer. Then calling the other families and no one being able to tell her what’s going on.

and that would play out for all of the victims families.

The cops can put all those questions and frantic moments to bed and walk them straight into grieving and helping make calls to anyone (friends/family) they want contacted to come over to be with them.

the families are always extremely appreciative of the officers coming and spending that time with them on the worst day of their lives.

In summation, you are a bad person and you should feel bad.

Last edited:
BREAKING: Walking Eagle News has learned that CBC News has learned CTV News has learned the Globe & Mail has learned Global News is reporting that the Toronto Star has learned that the Associated Press has learned that TMZ is reporting that something bad happened

journalism

"Your husband is dead..."
Her: *in shock*
"And so are your four kids"
Her: "Wait, no, three of them are here with me. Maybe Kobe is okay?"
"lol just kidding, just your husband and one kid are dead. We think. We'll let you know more later."

Yeah I'd say waiting for the police to make the official notification is the decent thing to do, considering the medias goal is speed and content, not accuracy of content. Don't fuck with people at the worst point in their life for money. That's not decent.

Is learning about the death from some cop on a phone call that much more pleasant than a news story if someone Kobe knew found out that way?
Jesus christ, are you emotionally stunted?

Confirmation that brackis1 is a sociopath.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/01/26/media/tmz-death-report-kobe-bryant/index.html

Man what the fuck is this dude on about?
Do you think it's a cardinal sin to report the sudden and tragic death of a world famous person when it breaks?
Is learning about the death from some cop on a phone call that much more pleasant than a news story if someone Kobe knew found out that way?

I definitely found out via TMZ and have no problem since they didn't get it wrong.

I have to agree if my loved one died I don't give a shit if I learned about it from the cops or TMZ. I'm going to be dealing with all kinds of things at that point and who told me is the least of my concerns.

I have to agree if my loved one died I don't give a shit if I learned about it from the cops or TMZ. I'm going to be dealing with all kinds of things at that point and who told me is the least of my concerns.
Imagine you are wasting time on the internet. For shit and giggles you decide to check Twitter, maybe there's a fake outrage party going on. Who knows? You log in and you see this

METHOD115's wife killed in a car accident. Other possibly dead.

METHOD115'S wife and children die in terrible accident

Heres everything we know about METHOD115's wife and kids fatal crash

You get the point, right?

It's a double edged sword for me. I've done a lot of death notifications, they fucking suck. Finding out via social media also sucks and I have seen the results of that as well first hand.

The fast info, social media world we live in needs adjustments from both sides on the issue.

I understand the cop's point but at this point its a pipe dream to expect TMZ to sit on such a juicy story for even a few hours much less whoever long it takes for the cops to send someone to inform next of kin of the death. A story like this represents one of the biggest influxes of site traffic and clicks for them I bet.

I understand the cop's point but at this point its a pipe dream to expect TMZ to sit on such a juicy story for even a few hours much less whoever long it takes for the cops to send someone to inform next of kin of the death. A story like this represents one of the biggest influxes of site traffic and clicks for them I bet.

Yeah, class and dignity are not going to stand in the way of profits like that. Cops in LA should assume that particularly and maybe should have sent someone there as fast as possible.

It's just a tragedy overall. I guess the only winner is TMZ which is pretty sad.

Yes. A confirmed death is much better than wondering if a loved one was on that copter. Imagine the other people on board, and their family scrambling to figure out if a loved one was just killed.

It’s true that TMZ has long since sold its soul, but I think it’s always a good thing when people speak up about what is right. The police officer probably knows his words won’t change TMZ’s practices, but at least he is not complacent enough to accept the inherent immorality and remain silent about it.

I felt better after hearing the officer say what he said, because I was already sort of disgusted by all the rumors coming and going about dead kids, and thought that at least somebody with a platform was willing to call it out. There are way more good people than bad, they just don’t make themselves heard often enough.

Imagine you are wasting time on the internet. For shit and giggles you decide to check Twitter, maybe there's a fake outrage party going on. Who knows? You log in and you see this

METHOD115's wife killed in a car accident. Other possibly dead.

METHOD115'S wife and children die in terrible accident

Heres everything we know about METHOD115's wife and kids fatal crash

You get the point, right?

Yea I get the point but once again it would just be the last thing on my mind at that moment.

There are a number of people here agreeing with me, and as usual, your comprehension skills disrespect anyone who has ever invested time into teaching you to understand conversational English.

0 likes.

Every single multi-person aviation crash in America, even ones involving small-time people, has always gotten published in the news. There isn't a lot of privacy these days yes, but not related to issue at hand.

0 likes.

I mean every single major news outlet in the world these days publishes videos and images shot my random people on their phones.
I'm actually not familiar with the process of if they pay for this or not.

0 likes.

Back