International laowhy86: China isn't gonna be #1

I think this idea that China wants to take over the world isn't grounded in reality either. Its also predicated on the belief that other countries will pursue the US interest in containing China over their own interests in selling to China.

You don't think expanding way over their limits in the south sea is a sign? Australia, Japan, Taiwan and Philippines are not happy about it

I lived in China about 10/15 years ago. It was OK back then, but there were definitely warning signs as to what they would become. I had black and Uighur friends over there who were treated like shit. Even white people, they basically want your expertise to make them better but they never really like you. They are openly racist for the most part.

It was a nice place back then but I could see the writing was on the wall and they would only get worse, the Chinese have become insufferable, arrogant, jingoistic assholes. Yes, much worse than Americans. The government constantly stirs up hatred against different groups, usually America, Japan, Korea but also India and Europe too, anyone who they see as their rivals. Any foreigners still living there are doing so at their own peril, I would get the fuck out ASAP, their society is only going one way.

Every post you make is about China. And defending it.

Who is talking quantity? We're talking quality. It stands to reason that you don't understand much about quality.

We have two Chinese defending China in this thread. They are taking over

Every post you make is about China. And defending it.

Who is talking quantity? We're talking quality. It stands to reason that you don't understand much about quality.

What? That's such a crap take. Anyone can have their opinion, even if you disagree with that opinion it speaks nothing about the quality of it. I have a lot of disagreements with other posters on this site, I never accuse them of making bad posts.

I also post on a lot of other threads, you simply notice it more when it is related to a topic you care about.

What? That's such a crap take. Anyone can have their opinion, even if you disagree with that opinion it speaks nothing about the quality of it. I have a lot of disagreements with other posters on this site, I never accuse them of making bad posts.

I also post on a lot of other threads, you simply notice it more when it is related to a topic you care about.
Maybe. Seems to be every post in the WR from you is some pro-China slant. Weird interest.

Maybe. Seems to be every post in the WR from you is some pro-China slant. Weird interest.

I don't even care for China's domestic policy and it is why I left. Why live in a country that doesn't want me there?

I just refuse to believe that China is the world ending threat. I'll believe it when I see it, until then I don't want to live in fear. That's all there is to it.

That and I do think laowhy86 plays way too much into his base.

Did you see why he had to leave China? The guy used to be the biggest Chinese fanboy.

I have a major gripe with the Chinese government, the way ambassadors carry themselves in other countries, basically making threats daily, just read up on how the Chinese ambassador in Brazil acts. Not that other empires were any better, British and American have a long history of pushing countries, but it's strange at these more peaceful times China trying to bully most of the world.

And with Covid, not only they were responsible for the virus blunder, but they also profited immensely from it, they have offered vaccines for the third world and gained major political influence.

Last edited:
Did you see why he had to leave China? The guy used to be the biggest Chinese fanboy.

I have a major gripe with the Chinese government, the way ambassadors carry themselves in other countries, basically making threats daily, just read up on how the Chinese ambassador in Brazil acts. Not that other empires were any better, British and American have a long history of pushing countries, but it's strange at these more peaceful times China trying to bully most of the world.

And with Covid, only they were responsible for the virus blunder, but they also profited immensely from it, they have offered vaccines for third world and gained major political influence.

The wolf warrior tactics are cringe, I've acknowledge that plenty of times. I think there was a recent statement about nuking Japan if they interfere with Taiwan. Obviously not a good look and if they keep it up they won't have any friends. I liked laowhy86 when he was a bit more nuanced but he has been repeating the same material for years now and I think he got lazy, its simply way too easy to say only negative things about China in the west and profit from it. I also have the same issue about foreign vloggers in China, they are way too positive and offer no criticisms. Right now you are either fully positive or fully negative and there's nothing in the middle. I think his early days were one of the few times you'd see both and I'd like to see that kind of material again.

I don't know why he had to leave China.

The wolf warrior tactics are cringe, I've acknowledge that plenty of times. I think there was a recent statement about nuking Japan if they interfere with Taiwan. Obviously not a good look and if they keep it up they won't have any friends. I liked laowhy86 when he was a bit more nuanced but he has been repeating the same material for years now and I think he got lazy, its simply way too easy to say only negative things about China in the west and profit from it. I also have the same issue about foreign vloggers in China, they are way too positive and offer no criticisms. Right now you are either fully positive or fully negative and there's nothing in the middle. I think his early days were one of the few times you'd see both and I'd like to see that kind of material again.

I don't know why he had to leave China.

The CCP started monitoring his content and kidnapping started to grow in his neighborhood that and locals became hostile to immigrants.

When they can remove the signs telling people not to shit in the mall then I'll be worried about China.

While I actually agree with every point, soft power doesn’t matter when you have big guns.

The Soviet Union didn’t have much soft power in the eastern bloc, but they did control them.

The thing i dont understand is that china is using a lot of soft power (financial). Soft power isnt just cultural. I admittedly only read the cliffs as im at work.

China will act like every other powerful country. They will act on their own interest and will use their power and leverage to attain it. I don't think they can be stopped because the US interest isn't enough to hold back the world interest.

I don't doubt they're racist internally. Its a country with little immigration and a lot of nationalist people who feel they are recovering from a century of humiliation. The seizure of Hong Kong was literally because China didn't want to buy anything the British were offering, so they sold them opium and turned them into junkies.

This isn't new. The US in a classic whattaboutism has done the same for decades now. Have we forgotten the invasions, coups and financial and sanctions warfare? It's just more palatable because it's your country.

I look at the world and there's several countries on the brink because of US sanctions that immiserate the whole country. But nobody really notices because its a new form of economic coercision that comes without dead soldiers as a by product.

Im hoping that competition with China brings out the best in America and puts an end to this bully boy leverage that they've been deploying up to now. Talk about wolf warriors. The whole trump admin was wolf warrior on steroids.

But the US clearly has its biggest test to date. China is undoubtedly going to change the world. It wouldn't surprise me if this will be the new Asian century as they supercharge themselves and their neighbours.

The USA just banned using the SAT and ACT for college admission because they are racist. Meanwhile Chinese top schools are test score only. Well good thing the USA is cool and hip or else China beating us in every measurable way would be a problem.

Why does any county have to be "number 1".... whatever that means.

Lol laowhine86 loved China when he lived there, he conveniently switches sides as soon as he gets in America to make money from the anti-China crowd. How the hell can people not see this grift? He even has the most click bait titles and repeats content.
Did my Taiwanese friend who lived in Beijing until 2 years ago "conveniently" switch sides by being super anti-China recently?

You act as if China's reputation across the globe didn't take a huge nose dive in the past 15 months.

That dude is a straight up CCP shill. He's creepy AF.

Guy who lived in worked in Awesomestanfor a decade probably has better insight than most people. In fact, he probably has better insight than foreign correspondents that stay for a couple of weeks in apartments within the wealthiest parts of the capital city.

Did my Taiwanese friend who lived in Beijing until 2 years ago "conveniently" switch sides by being super anti-China recently?

You act as if China's reputation across the globe didn't take a huge nose dive in the past 15 months.

That dude is a straight up CCP shill. He's creepy AF.

He also moved to Canada. Can't even put his money where his mouth is.

I don't even care for China's domestic policy and it is why I left. Why live in a country that doesn't want me there?

I just refuse to believe that China is the world ending threat. I'll believe it when I see it, until then I don't want to live in fear. That's all there is to it.

So basically you have to go through all mental gymnastics possible to convince yourself China is good, because you're petrified of living in a reality where a country with 5x the population of the US is an antagonistic threat. That's weak; accept reality.

Back