Lando Vannata vs David Teymur added to UFC 209

Who wins?

• Total voters
Isnt Teymur the guy from TUF who threatened to eat someone's underwear or something? I can't remember what exactly he said but it was some sort of trash talk meant to intimidate but I dont think it quite came out the way he expected..

Isnt Teymur the guy from TUF who threatened to eat someone's underwear or something? I can't remember what exactly he said but it was some sort of trash talk meant to intimidate but I dont think it quite came out the way he expected..
giphy.gif

UFC are gonna take Lando to the title shot with an amazing highlight reel...and i am absolutely fine with that.

Build him up.

Teymur is 2-0 in UFC with two finishes
A good match up. They should keep it slow with the groovy one. He'll groove his was into top contendership soon enough.

Also, as flashy as he is, he still needs to work on his defense.

Smart not rushing Lando too much. If he's who we think he is he's going to win and be on a 2 fight streak. At LW is takes a lot to get a title shot so this is a good way to build his streak and experience before taking a big name.
He took a big name and did damn well on short notice. Considering that TFerg is the #2 or #3 guy in the division, I think Lando proved he can hang with them already.

A good match up. They should keep it slow with the groovy one. He'll groove his was into top contendership soon enough.

man your av is so fuckin damn hot

Wtf? This is a step down for Vannata. Dat match making.

Easy KO for Lando

He took a big name and did damn well on short notice. Considering that TFerg is the #2 or #3 guy in the division, I think Lando proved he can hang with them already.
This is the right fight to make IMO
Let Lando style on another guy, a tough guy to be sure. Conor McGregor was the UFC's best job ever building a star, and Jon Jones was the UFC's best job ever building a prospect. That's the template to follow imho.

Get him another win, then look for a winnable "big" name who is on the decline.

Teymurk is no joke. Lando better take care of his underwears.

That's a myth. His defense is groovy AF. Just because 2 week Lando got tired fighting Tony fucking Ferguson does not mean his defence is poor.

He slips shit and hits great angles.

goeDR3ZA6BuLIwUzZUNpTEgQ1FUvXAjhb6BtN4ednmI.gif

Legion of Groove!!!

That's a myth. His defense is groovy AF. Just because 2 week Lando got tired fighting Tony fucking Ferguson does not mean his defence is poor.

He slips shit and hits great angles.

goeDR3ZA6BuLIwUzZUNpTEgQ1FUvXAjhb6BtN4ednmI.gif

Legion of Groove!!!
I love Lando as much as the next guy, and I'd have picked Eddie Alvarez if I had my choice of matchups for him next. And I think he would have styled on Eddie.

But his defense does need some work - His head sticks on the center line when he thinks he's out of range. No worries giving him another hard hitting striker to get some live-reps on keeping his head on a swivel.

UFC 209 is a quick turnaround as well. This matchup could also be indicative of the pace Lando wants to fight at and where his management team thinks he is right now. Nothing wrong with take a winnable fight while you wait for a bigger one to be offered

Back