Lando deserves a ranked opponent

Kaiokenrye24

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
Lando's fighting David Teymur at ufc 209? I really don't understand the matchmaking here. In both of his fights so far, he's proven he is legit and should fight someone with some name value like Gilbert Melendez or Joe Duffy, they are also fights that would be entertaining. Teymur looked really good in his last fight but is pretty unknown to most people.

What are your thoughts?

He is 24 with less than 10 fights. Build him up, he has star potential.

Tough to get a title shot these days unless your popular, he's just gotta keep winning.

My thoughts are in the exact same thread I made 1 hour ago.

He will probably get someone 10-15 if he gets through Teymur...which he should.

I think Teymur is ranked in the 80s. Lando anywhere from high 20s - mid 30s.

Yeah, the fight doesn't make alot of sense. But maybe they're trying to pump up his record quickly, and safely. Before giving him a real push in the near future. The UFC rushes these fighters alot of times. And it just blows up. So, they just might be ready to hop on that bus. But don't want it to derail before it really gets going.

Who knows ?

He deserves a rematch with Ferguson. He got called in on short notice.

Groovy vs barboza would be a whirlwind with all that spinning shit

Lando's fighting David Teymur at ufc 209? I really don't understand the matchmaking here. In both of his fights so far, he's proven he is legit and should fight someone with some name value like Gilbert Melendez or Joe Duffy, they are also fights that would be entertaining. Teymur looked really good in his last fight but is pretty unknown to most people.

What are your thoughts?
He will get one after he sacrifices another to the JBG and has a longer highlight promo. Lando will do just fine. I was pushing for him to just jump into the top ten but he can afford another quick fight, then they will give him likely another striker. It would be funny if he got Poirier

I would like him to take Swanson out personally.

They'll continue to build his highlight reel and then he'll probably get a ranked opponent with 3 more wins.

Sherdog is sleeping on Teymur hard.

Or maybe you're sleeping on Lando. I'm a fan of Teymur, so its kind of a bummer hes getting fed to Lando.

It's 155 aka the most stacked division in the UFC, he will need at least 8 wins to break into the top 5. Let him get 4-5 wins under his belt before we start talking top 15.

He will get one after he sacrifices another to the JBG and has a longer highlight promo. Lando will do just fine. I was pushing for him to just jump into the top ten but he can afford another quick fight, then they will give him likely another striker. It would be funny if he got Poirier

I would like him to take Swanson out personally.
I would have actually suggested Poirier if he wasn't fight Jim Miller. That would have been fireworks and a good test since Poirier is a beast ground game(I'm a huge Joe Duffy fan and Poirier straight up mauled him in round 2)

when fighters get fast tracked people are all like "Who has he beaten"

when fighters get built up people are like "Why is he not fighting a ranked guy"

Make up your minds

He should fight Tony in a rematch since Tony is ducking Khabib

Taking it slow with him. Could be partially his decision too. Dude seems in no rush to get on the corny hype-train, just enjoys fighting. That being said, if he finishes Teymur it's on like Donkey Kong.

Back