3. “V.V” Mei Yamaguchi (15-9-1)
4. Naho “Sugi Rock” Sugiyama (11-4)
5. Herica Tiburcio (9-4)
6. Amber “The Bully” Brown (6-2)
7. Mina Kurobe (6-2)
8. Emi Tomimatsu (11-10)
9. Kanna Asakura (3-1)
10. Julia “Jewels” Jones (4-0)

11. Thaty Bergamaschi – 12. Tessa Simpson – 13. Kyra Batara – 14. Catherine Costigan – 15. Satomi Takano

Plus we could see Jessica Penne and Seo Hee Ham drop back down to atomweight.
We could see the current Invicta FC strawweight champion Angela Hill drop back down to atomweight.
Carla Esparza is capable of making atomweight, she says.

its an excuse to crowbar another canadian fighter onto the card, i doubt its the start of a 125 division, but you never know, lots of straweights would move up, a few banatamweights down, and the smaller fighters at straweight could remain and fight former atomweights who want to fight in the UFC.
its the next logical step only if wmma matches are made on a regular basis .
i expect shelby wont do it .

There would certainly be quite a few skilled competitors in a UFC atomweight division. I wonder if adding both AW and FLW would allow the current fighters to be more active. A lot of the SWs are left fightless for long periods of time. Some going up and some going down might mean more fights.

Are there any/many current TUF competitors that would drop to AW? Any others aside from Lanchana Green (as she walks around at strawweight and could likely make AW)?

Last edited:
Aside from Suarez Green definitely stands out from the pack. Natural mai thai fighter, bags of talent. Not bad on the eyes either. Will keep an eye out

I'm hoping ABC misses weight so Lanchana gets into the finals.

CmCQQS6VEAAGfl6.jpg

I'm hoping ABC misses weight so Lanchana gets into the finals.
Why? then you have a potential TUF winner with an almost non existent record, which never looks good. Sort of like Rose Namajunas with TUF 20. She came out of the show and lost in the finals, and has had to bounce back from a 2-2 record.

Why? then you have a potential TUF winner with an almost non existent record, which never looks good. Sort of like Rose Namajunas with TUF 20. She came out of the show and lost in the finals, and has had to bounce back from a 2-2 record.
She'll get more exposure fighting in the finals than on the prelims. But I meant that mostly tongue-in-cheek with obvious pro Lanchana bias.

I can't help but draw parallels between Lanchana Green and Rin Nakai. Lots of potential but both limited in skills, live in the boonies, have their own insufficient camps, and trained by their boyfriend/husband. If Lanchana doesn't leave her camp and get the training she needs, I am afraid she'll end up like Rin.

I can't help but draw parallels between Lanchana Green and Rin Nakai. Lots of potential but both limited in skills, live in the boonies, have their own insufficient camps, and trained by their boyfriend/husband. If Lanchana doesn't leave her camp and get the training she needs, I am afraid she'll end up like Rin.

I had been thinking similarly (although without the comparison to Rin). I think Green owns her gym, does she not? I expect that could be very helpful at first, allowing her to afford the expenses of her own training. But if it ties her to being located far away from top level coaches and training partners, then it eventually becomes a problem, hindering her ability to rise to the upper echelons of the sport.

I had been thinking similarly (although without the comparison to Rin). I think Green owns her gym, does she not? I expect that could be very helpful at first, allowing her to afford the expenses of her own training. But if it ties her to being located far away from top level coaches and training partners, then it eventually becomes a problem, hindering her ability to rise to the upper echelons of the sport.
Yes, Lanchana and her boyfriend both run The Lab where she is the strength and conditioning coach.

That's true with athletics and anything in life, really. One can have all the potential in the world but if they aren't in the right environment, he or she won't realize that potential. As the saying goes, "If things stay the same, don't expect things to change."

Yes, Lanchana and her boyfriend both run The Lab where she is the strength and conditioning coach.

That's true with athletics and anything in life, really. One can have all the potential in the world but if they aren't in the right environment, he or she won't realize that potential. As the saying goes, "If things stay the same, don't expect things to change."
im pretty confident she gats a bonus for one of her fights, should allow her to train abroad for a fight camp, i hope she gets a shot in the ufc or invicta, but im not confident about invicta signing her.

Back