Lamas will beat BJ Easy

I'd think Jackson would advice against it. Maybe they know something we don't, and the BJ that fought Sanchez, Kenny and Sherk shows up aka Motivated Penn.

Little over a year ago Roots of Fight did a mini-documentary about Penn, it was short but really well made. It features the Mendes bros and was filmed at their slick new academy in California.

Penn notes "My triangle is a diamond now - it hurts when I try to close my legs."

Time waits for no man and you can watch Fedor getting battered by a middling never-has-been light heavyweight Maldonado to drive the point home. Penn has a lot of miles and his athletic prime has come and gone.

All the best training in the world can't erase the years of abuse Penn's body has taken in a lifetime of fighting and he's long since lost the edge of his athletic gifts that separated him from the pack.

This is an unbelievably ill-advised move for BJ. I might not watch it.

I'm picking Lamas as well by decision but man, if BJ comes prepared, I expect a knockout from him nontheless.

Lamas is not going to fold like the other opponents they had lined up for BJ.

I guess it's possible BJ could win if he comes in looking amazing, but at his age after his last performance and a long layoff, that seems unlikely.

BJ is 1-5-1 in his last 7 UFC fights since 2010, he's 37 years old and nothing suggests he will come back to his prime form. I honestly hope BJ can win the fight in October vs. Llamas, but from a historical standpoint the deck is clearly stacked against him.

Legends always break our hearts during their twilight years

I don't think Lamas has ever been great, but I think he will coast past Penn.

Back