Lacklustre Promo?

Lukn4trbl

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
Did anyone else sleep through that Khabib - Conor promo?

Recycled video clips. No fighter presence. Not even a satellite feed.

What the fuck Dana?

How much better would that have been if the kids walked out as Dana announced the fight, and
put on their little, "tough guy, stare down - hold me back Dana, I'm going to jump this guy" act?

Piss poor effort on what is supposed to be the fight of the century for the UFC.

Agree?

When they mentioned Artem Lobov, for a moment I dared to dream that they were doing Khabib vs Artem. So yes, I was disappointed too.

I agree to every insult towards Dana White!

Its no where near as good as Mcgregor and Aldo promo so yeah

That was one of the best promo's ever

Yes I was lil disappointed but I’m hoping they will create some new ones as the fight gets closer

This is better:

But UFC using shit inferior to fans has been going on for over a decade now. I don't get how a multi-billion-dollar promotional company consistently does that.

I think some of the lustre has fallen away. Conor isn't active so the hype is lessened. He is also not a champ. He's lost steam.

Ufc is dead.

I think some of the lustre has fallen away. Conor isn't active so the hype is lessened. He is also not a champ. He's lost steam.

Ufc is dead.

Nahh .. UFC is the hub for fans to see rise and fall .. we like to see em rise then we love to see them fall

McDucks brand is dying .. not UFC

Did anyone else sleep through that Khabib - Conor promo?

Recycled video clips. No fighter presence. Not even a satellite feed.

What the fuck Dana?

How much better would that have been if the kids walked out as Dana announced the fight, and
put on their little, "tough guy, stare down - hold me back Dana, I'm going to jump this guy" act?

Piss poor effort on what is supposed to be the fight of the century for the UFC.

Agree?
Relax, there is UFC 227 tonight and UFC 228 still coming up in september so it's still early for them to start rolling out the big promotion for UFC 229.

I think the trailer they put out yesterday was enough to get people talking and create a buzz.

They will probably start hyping that event and releasing big promotion in about a month or so.

They wont spend too much money in promoting a guy that is going to pull out in a month.

Generally found there is little to no promo at all for most events now days.

Was kind of bland, nothing will top the DC and Jones one.

When they mentioned Artem Lobov, for a moment I dared to dream that they were doing Khabib vs Artem. So yes, I was disappointed too.

Wouldn't it be the greatest if the UFC embraced the enigmatic creature known as Artem. They give him bad ass fights even though he doesn't win any and promote the shit out of him just for the lulz. That would be fucking amazing. Artem wouldn't care and he would be getting paid. It would be a bad ass marketing angle.

Not going to lie, this was pretty much me when they played that promo,

1EC58A14-A6F1-4C82-A0CB-EFD1D38D22C3.gif

midway through I became very aware of the retarded face I was making, yet I couldn’t stop.

Don’t think it was the quality of the promo but rather just the announcement itself. I have no complaints.

This is better:

But UFC using shit inferior to fans has been going on for over a decade now. I don't get how a multi-billion-dollar promotional company consistently does that.

I think your wrong about that being better

khabib and mcgregor weren't there because the deal was made 30-45 min before the conference. at least ali said that

i'm guessing they threw that promo together with a skeleton crew at the last minute to keep the fight from leaking. can't exactly shut down the las vegas strip to shoot a promo will maintaining the surprise announcement. Hoping to see more legit promos roll out between now and fight week.

edit: agree I was disappointed the fighters didn't walk out onstage tho

Back