lack strength for balance on my toes

yomon

Green Belt
Reaction score
Ok i've been going to MT classes for a couple of weeks now and i have noticed one thing.

I can never get huge power behind my punches because of lack of strength and balance in my lower leg and foot. besides just drilling on my toes more often, which is obvious, is there anything else i can do to accelerate strength gains to improve my balance in clasic MT stance?

going running will probably help you but the most important thing, as you've already spotted, is just to drill.

Ballerinas have strong toes, and can balance on them better than anyone.

Calf raises may help, make the toes your fulcrum, not the ball of the foot.

My ex did ballet for almost her entire life...and she would curl a towl with her toes, then push it out...and she had muscle on top of her foot that she coudl flex!

Why did you break up with her?
Ballerinas are hot.

she did the typical girl thing "i want to break up so i'll act like a bitch, and he will break up and i will have no guilt"!

anvar said:
she did the typical girl thing "i want to break up so i'll act like a bitch, and he will break up and i will have no guilt"!
Is THAT what's going on? Shit, my gf has been cold lately and I've been trying to figure out why. things have been rough, but now that I know this, it's a fucking endurance test. IT IS ON LIKE DONKEY KONG! no way I'm losing...

Urban said:
Is THAT what's going on? Shit, my gf has been cold lately and I've been trying to figure out why. things have been rough, but now that I know this, it's a fucking endurance test. IT IS ON LIKE DONKEY KONG! no way I'm losing...

LOL.

Hell yeah, Urban, stick it to her good.

I'm ambivalent about how you interpret that.

Urban said:

In situations like this I find that the best solution is to ignore the girl, after a while it will drive her crazy, and she'll jump on you. If not she'll probably dump you, in which case you say meh, and keep on ignoring her.

Going cold is a technique women use to get your attention, so that they can control you, either that or they are cheating on you.

That's the funniest thing I've heard in a long while...

Get a balance board. I surf/snowboard and got one to fuck around with at home and it improves your balance.

yomon said:
Ok i've been going to MT classes for a couple of weeks now and i have noticed one thing.

I can never get huge power behind my punches because of lack of strength and balance in my lower leg and foot. besides just drilling on my toes more often, which is obvious, is there anything else i can do to accelerate strength gains to improve my balance in clasic MT stance?

What about skipping?

That's how I get around campus. I have excellent power up on my toes and no friends.

thecreator said:
In situations like this I find that the best solution is to ignore the girl, after a while it will drive her crazy, and she'll jump on you. If not she'll probably dump you, in which case you say meh, and keep on ignoring her.

Going cold is a technique women use to get your attention, so that they can control you, either that or they are cheating on you.

Side note on that one, it's also possible that she is trying to have you make the decision for her. Thus getting out of taking responsibility for the act. Not always a guilt thing, some times people just have a hard time with having to point the finger at themselves. "You broke up with me so its not my fault things turned out this way." Common tactic by both males and females. For example, everyone has that annoying friend that never makes decisions so he/she can complain about what happens when someone else actually does make a decision.

Back