Lack of motivation due to a fractured hand

milkcarton

White Belt
Reaction score
Hey,
Currently I'm out with a fractured hand and due to this I'm not training much at the moment, but somehow ended up being the gym gimp (sorry, I meant gym pad-holder.. ~_~). Anyways, My diet for when I'm training is fine, but for off-season/being out due to injury, it isn't that great I don't think? Here it is for anyone who can help me change it up etc, maybe even help me drop down to 66kg again, lol... For the record, I've walked around at 66-68kg before no problems but that was when I did no-gi bjj, now I'm training Muay Thai and for some reason my eating habits changed due to that.

But when I'm fighting this is how I usually eat:

Morning: oats w/ fruit - banana, orange, apple, blueberries, strawberries: these are the fruits I usually eat with my oats, not all at once obviously

Lunch: brown rice w/ tuna and sometimes steamed green veg (if i have the time to steam it up ofcourse)

midday: almonds or apple slices w/ peanut butter

Dinner: lean meat or fish w/ steamed green veg or green leafy salad

If I'm still hungry later I might eat an apple or almonds

Ta.

Are you asking for a critique on your diet? If so, I would suggest more protein. Perhaps replace the morning oats with eggs.

what is your weight now and how are you bf% wise compared to before? i would add some extra protein into the diet as well as a few more healthy fats

bf wise I don't know the percentage, but I'm at 78kg, I fought at 71kg last time I fought at home (but was walking around at 69-70 and still had abit of bf left over haha).

I alternate between white jasmine rice and short grain brown rice, for some reason white jasmine rice does wonders for my bf levels, worked well while I was in Thailand and after it both times.

I'm considering using recovery shakes after the training I do (which is still sparring, I pull my right off heavier contact) and hitting the bag (keep off my right hand though). I won't lie though, I've gotten lazier with my diet since it happened hence the weight gain, but that is usually how my diet is, I've ditched the oats in the morning and opted for eggs (3 whites one yolk) with a green leafy salad this morning.

I'm not very good with the whole protein shake thing because my trainer said its rubbish, that and I'd like to keep off gaining size because I'm shorter for my weight anyway, I'm stockier in the legs (calves and thighs - and no, not fat, massive calves lol..).

extra protein shakes aren't rubbish....some proteins aren't as good as others (soy vs whey for example). the extra protein is good and can be used to displace extra carbs, things like that. overall, if you are gaining weight, you might want to up the cardio and/or reduce your calorie intake a little bit.

Back