Lack of Color Coding

wwkirk

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
Another forum I belong to also utilizes a dark background. It also supplies notifications. But unlike Sherdog, the background for new notifications and ones I've already checked is a different shade.

How convenient! How state of the art!

However here in Sherdog, I have to literally count down the notification list to make sure I don't click the ones I've already looked at.

How annoying! How passé!

Get with the times, Sherdog Computer Brains!
download.jpg

Another forum I belong to also utilizes a dark background. It also supplies notifications. But unlike Sherdog, the background for new notifications and ones I've already checked is a different shade.

How convenient! How state of the art!

However here in Sherdog, I have to literally count down the notification list to make sure I don't click the ones I've already looked at.

How annoying! How passé!

Get with the times, Sherdog Computer Brains!
View attachment 944078
I use the white theme, hit me with a quick screenshot please.

Okay, I just received a single notification. Visually, nothing distinguishes the new one on the top from the older ones. Obviously, no problem at present, but when there are a large number of them, I need to count down the new ones as I mentioned in my original post.

As soon as a get a notification from the other forum, I'll show you the difference.
Screenshot 2022-09-17 at 16-55-52 Sherdog Forums UFC MMA & Boxing Discussion.png

Here's the other screenshot. Note the distinctly lighter background for the new alert on the top. The shade differential between new and old alerts persists even if I don't click them sequentially.

I believe the forum employs a XenForo platform.
Screenshot 2022-09-17 at 17-57-48 Alien Expanse.png

20 days later...
You're asking us to change a feature on the forum. It's not as simple as just flipping a color switch. There's testing, conflicts, theme-specific changes and all that. Be patient, I can tell you a minor cosmetic color change won't take high priority from the Tech team.

You're asking us to change a feature on the forum. It's not as simple as just flipping a color switch. There's testing, conflicts, theme-specific changes and all that. Be patient, I can tell you a minor cosmetic color change won't take high priority from the Tech team.
That's fine, but just expecting some feedback. I've proposed other things and promptly received a "not possible" verdict.

Also, afaik, the color coding at the other forum is an option built into their platform. I'm inferring that that is not the case with the platform Sherdog uses.

To be fair, the number of users at the other forum is minute compared to Sherdog. No doubt that makes a difference.

To be fair, the number of users at the other forum is minute compared to Sherdog. No doubt that makes a difference.
There are 603 members currently registered on Alien Expanse. There are 172,672 members currently registered on Sherdog. It makes a slight difference.

I don't mean to sound too sharp, but someone suggesting an update and then popping back three weeks later with a crickets chirping sound to hound staff on that suggestion isn't conducive to prompting anything.

There are 603 members currently registered on Alien Expanse. There are 172,672 members currently registered on Sherdog. It makes a slight difference.

I don't mean to sound too sharp, but someone suggesting an update and then popping back three weeks later with a crickets chirping sound to hound staff on that suggestion isn't conducive to prompting anything.
My apologies. I won't inquire about this specific item again. Either it will manifest or it won't.

Maybe you're busier than you used to be, and if so I respect that. But to my recollection, on another occasion I made a suggestion about sub-forums. Someone - I don't recall if it was you - replied a day later, or maybe even the same day, and said it was not doable. That was the end of that. But it had the effect of creating an expectation of the time frame of tech responses.

In all seriousness, what do you consider as a considerate time gap for a follow-up inquiry? Three months? Or is the polite thing to never follow-up? (I haven't the faintest idea about how things work behind the scenes, and have no desire to probe into that.) I wasn't even going to make any follow-up, but I was triggered when someone liked my post.

Again, I never meant to harass you or anyone else.

Back