Law LA Stay-At-Home-Order Continued For 3 More Months

The local 24hr here is saying they will open up with appointments for 1 hr. And in between the 1 hr. Appts they will close down and disinfect for 30 min

Sounds lame to me. 1 hr max is gay.

And that's 24 hr. My gym is smaller. God I hope this is not the future for all gyms
yea, but it's better than nothing. I mean, I have a workout room at home but it's not the same. miss that gym vibe, (and the chicks in yoga pants)

The local 24hr here is saying they will open up with appointments for 1 hr. And in between the 1 hr. Appts they will close down and disinfect for 30 min

And that's 24 hr. My gym is smaller. God I hope this is not the future for all gyms
I read something about that too with Equinox gym.. Something like 3 ninety minute sessions a week that must be booked in advance. Not sure which county that applied to.

It really would suck if the new norm is booking time at the gym or havine time limits etc.

My BJJ gym is going to be some gay small classes that are only movement drills on the 24th. Luckily though, it looks like "private lessons" will be allowed, and I have a key so I can at least open up outside of normal hours for one-on-one rolling.

Target has a pharmacy and a full grocery section. Walmart is as much a grocery store as it is a department store. If anything, they lucked out with being deemed essential simply because of their grocery sections.

It’s unfortunate for the old lady who had to close her business. I had to close my business too.

But, if I had a shop that sold goods, when i closed it down for Covid-19, I would have put a sign on the door with my contact info that I can take orders over the phone or email giving my customers the opportunity to be loyal and supportive.

"Lucked out"

Wal-Mart and Target are still allowed to sell more than their groceries and pharmaceuticals. How is it safer to buy yarn from Wal-Mart than a local yarn store?
Yes. It’s probably safer to get yarns from the local shops and small businesses than the Targets or Wal-Marts. But, Target and Wal-Mart added groceries to their shops and were allowed to stay open. JC Penny’s, Macy’s, Best Buy’s etc... all major corporate retailers and they all had to close down or limit to online/curb side.

hey hey hey! I live here, you don't.
norcal, not LA, but still.
just open my gym up and I'm good.
TIA

Gyms never should have closed. America's number 1 killer is far and away heart disease, and other obesity-related complications are all over the top 10 list. We should be moving mountains to get more people to exercise, not closing all the gyms. Gyms are essential.

"Lucked out"
Yes. They lucked out because of their grocery sections. They have the same essentials available as your local Piggly Wiggly.

As I wrote earlier, other major retail outlets like Macy’s, JC Penny’s, Best Buy, had to close and watch Walmart and Target dig into their clothing and electronics sales during Covid because they don’t sell anything from Sara Lee or Farmer John.

Easy way to look at it... Target and Walmart are like MMA. They have all the styles and it kept them relative.

Gyms never should have closed. America's number 1 killer is far and away heart disease, and other obesity-related complications are all over the top 10 list. We should be moving mountains to get more people to exercise, not closing all the gyms. Gyms are essential.
preachin to the choir, brother.

Exercise is essential. Gyms closed for the most obvious reasons.

In fact, exercise is and always was encouraged by city officials in California since the lockdowns. It was the one thing we could do in locked down cities aside from grocery runs. Not saying we would be making any serious gains, but maintenance and exercise to stay healthy was never taken away from anybody.

Exercise is essential. Gyms closed for the most obvious reasons.

In fact, exercise is and always was encouraged by city officials in California since the lockdowns. It was the one thing we could do in locked down cities aside from grocery runs. Not saying we would be making any serious gains, but maintenance and exercise to stay healthy was never taken away from anybody.

Any sort of roadblocks will obviously impact the fraction of people working out. If you take away access to equipment, or ban the exercises that people in enjoy, you obviously create an environment where less people are getting exercise.

Any sort of roadblocks will obviously impact the fraction of people working out. If you take away access to equipment, or ban the exercises that people in enjoy, you obviously create an environment where less people are getting exercise.

Yes. I used swim 2 miles a day for my cardio and it was shitty to have that taken away. But only took a few days to realize there were alternatives that could be adapted to. Road work for cardio and push-up and pull ups for strength. Good enough to get through the closures and if someone doesn’t have a pull up bar, perfect push ups, an ab wheel, jump rope or resistance bands at home.. then they deserve only push ups.

But the only people whose exercise should really be affected are those with old joints or disabilities that require facility specific training. The rest of us, we really have no excuse to not figure ways to keep active or fit.

I want all the forum warriors to go make america great again. We cant be great if we dont have people out there physically doing jobs that could be replaced with simple robots.

Bad idea

What they should do is open up with limitations

Put it on the individual to protect themselves and others

and do rolling lockdowns based on hospitalizations and capacity

lmao @ reasonable. This is the answer, but we can't have nice things.

Yeah I noticed some people seem to have abandoned championing states rights during this pandemic.

Who in particular? Overall, it's been quite the exercise in federalism. I'm not listening to the national news to hear what's going on with local businesses.

I've been saying it all along but these weak ass half-measure shutdowns are going to cripple our economy more. If we had a 60 day proper shutdown starting early March we'd probably be down to a 1000 cases a day and be readying to resume normal life. Unfortunately too many people were screaming about their freedom and insisted we leave a bunch of non-essential stuff open and now we are going to have much longer lasting effect.

A tighter shutdown would only lead to a bigger spike once it's is loosened. But yeah, the world economy more or less shut down for nine weeks and we have people talking about half measures.

We should have kept schools and businesses open, and tightly quarantined nursing homes. The worst hit areas in the US did the opposite, they quarantined schools and businesses while they forced nursing homes to accept patients straight out of hospitals without needing a coronavirus test. Murderously stupid.

LA is still opening up within those 3 months.

California is gonna lift the restrictions for the redneck parts but that doesnt mean LA is ready to open up like they are
Pretty much... they are still following Newsom's guidelines. They are still loosening the restrictions like the rest of the state has been.

Back