La Guerra Civil

Cariñito

Banned
Banned
Reaction score

DAZN documentary about Oscar De La Hoya and Julio César Chávez, and how their respective backgrounds sparked a cultural divide over what it means to be Mexican.

Looks like its gonna be a good film.
Also its directed by Eva Longoria.

Last edited:
Looks good is it out already?

DAZN documentary about Oscar De La Hoya and Julio César Chávez, and how their respective backgrounds sparked a cultural divide over what it means to be Mexican.

Looks like its gonna be a good film.
Also its directed by Eva Longoria.

heard about that, Oscar had huge credibility problems back then but so what, he didn't really need it. He still went to lengths to prove he was Mexican but I don't think they were ever convinced. Julio was definitely past his prime, I saw a random youtube poster who claimed to know that Chavez began his decline after the Camacho fight when it went to his head and he started partying. Kinda makes sense, he went on a steep decline and the fighters at the top were still good.

I remember this very well growing up in Southern Cali

Mexican fans didnt really like De La Hoya for the simple fact he wasnt a real Mexican when he waived the Mexican and American flag, he wasnt born in Mexico and he won a gold medal for USA, they just didnt like the whole pretty boy persona, (he had the Chicano support but even they still considered JCC king) they even went as far as saying he didnt even grow up in East LA but in the neighboring city Montebello and JCC was still Mexico’s #1 boxer and beating him made things much worse, it wasnt until after they felt he got robbed againstTrinidad and then a couple years after stopped Vargas that won them over.

Back then there was a cultural clash between Mexicans and American born Mexicans, things changed since then and now all Mexicans born out of Mexico are Mexicans straight across the board no matter what, at least here in the US, there some indifference against Mexicans born in the US in Mexico

…anyway, this is going to be good.

Directed by Eva Longoria from Desperate Housewives? Kek, sure.

Directed or narrated by Eva? Very interesting subject, though. Chicano/Mexican divide and so on.

I’m already off put by the title for obvious reasons

Back