LA Boxing

Mojorisin99

Green Belt
Reaction score
There is an LA Boxing gym opening near me which is exciting because there are no gyms located anywhere near me. My only fear is that it is more of a cardio class than actually teaching the fundamentals of boxing. Is anyone a member or have been to one of these gyms and can fill me in to what I can expect?

www.laboxing.com

You will have to check it out for yourself, it may be more for cardio, but the only way to be sure is to go check it out

I'm actually a Muay Thai trainer at the Aliso Viejo and Fullerton locations. For the most part the classes pretty much goes like this:

15 min warmup: Coordination drills, calystenics, basic punching/kicking drills

5-10 minute stretching

30 minute boxing/kickboxing/MT drills/combinations on bags(depending on the class): usually consists of basic drills(technique/footwork/timing) then followed up by combinations using the techniques learned in the drills.

5-10 minutes abs

Instructors classes vary. Some focus more on technique, some cardio and some both. The classes are a good foundation but to be able to compete on a higher level I would suggest getting private lessons with an instructor. All of our instructors have had at the very least, extensive amateur backrounds, most have competed at a Professional level and have plenty of knowledge to pass on.

PM me if oyu need any more info

Back