L-Carintine, CLA etc(fat burners? and finding out body fat %

jpark4

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
how well would you rate these types of products? i'm trying to cut my body fat to the low double digits (tens perferably) However, i don't know my current bodyfat percentage.
CLA: safe to take? works well?
L-carintine: work better than CLA (that's what some employee at linderberg told me)
or other reccomendations
-Jon
(wow, i have a lot of questions)

My advise would be ECA (Ephedrine, caffeine, asprin), diet, and cardio. You dont need any thing else.

There is no legal substitute for the above. I've taken CLA and didnt have any results. I've never taken L-carintine.

I also didn't really have any results using CLA (I was taking 4 grams a day), but apparently a lot of people do. If you can afford it, try them all for a month or two and see which one helps the most.

With CLA, its supposedly better to take when you're gaining weight and don't want to put fat on. For losing fat it isn't as effective. ECA stacks are supposed to be good but I've never tried it. Diet and cardio is the key though.

Well i am actually trying to gain muscle mass from 140-170ish. Diet i'm very strict on and i've been lacking cardio lately due to college applications. Should i concider giving CLA or L-Carintine a try? or just stick with diet and cardio. the reason i ask is because the belly fat(where the bellybutton is) isn't going away, or as fast as i want it to.
-Jon

jpark4 said:
how well would you rate these types of products? i'm trying to cut my body fat to the low double digits (tens perferably) However, i don't know my current bodyfat percentage.
CLA: safe to take? works well?
L-carintine: work better than CLA (that's what some employee at linderberg told me)
or other reccomendations
-Jon
(wow, i have a lot of questions)

I did a thread on BF% test methods. Try "bodyfat" or "BF" or "BF%" in a search.

Actually, just search through threads started by me in this forum.

jpark4 said:
Well i am actually trying to gain muscle mass from 140-170ish. Diet i'm very strict on and i've been lacking cardio lately due to college applications. Should i concider giving CLA or L-Carintine a try? or just stick with diet and cardio. the reason i ask is because the belly fat(where the bellybutton is) isn't going away, or as fast as i want it to.
-Jon
I would just stick with diet and cardio. If your trying to gain muscle mass eat 250 cals over your maintanance, and eat clean foods. No simple sugars, no salt, all carbs from GI of 50 or less. Eat a good amount of fat, including saturated fat, and see how you look. Adjust cals according to gain. Eat quality proteins from beef, eggs, fish, pork, chicken, and turkey. If you gain more than 1lb a week your getting fat, if your not gaining add on another 250cals.

I'd start with something like 40-50%carbs, 40-50%fat, 20% protein.

Here, I'll save you some money. If you add 2 tablespoons of heavy whipped cream and 1 tablespoon of pure butter (has to be real butter, not margarine), you get the same amount of CLA and HMB that's in most of the supplement on the market. Just add it in to your food somewhere throughout the day.

That comes from donlemmon.com, who has written for bodybuilding.com over the years.

Back