Kyoji-Tenshin, Cro Cop-Martinez, Sunabe-Ochi, RIZIN.13

eseseses681

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
https://www.mmamania.com/2018/8/24/...japan-includes-mirko-crocop-and-diego-brandao

RIZIN, the spiritual successor to PRIDE, held a press conference Friday morning from Tokyo and revealed the lineup for their next event, RIZIN 13 on September 30th from Saitama Super Arena. headlining the card is a bout of extreme importance to the Japanese combat sports scene: Tenshin Nasukawa vs. Kyoji Horiguchi under RIZIN Kickboxing rules. Tenshin is a rising star with a perfect 26-0 kickboxing record, while Horiguchi is 25-2 in MMA and on a 10 fight win streak. This will be his kickboxing debut.

Other important reveals: the addition of kickboxer Taiga to the RIZIN roster. He’ll be taking on Kento Haraguchi. Daron Cruickshank vs. Diego Brandao is a battle of the UFC veterans, and Mirko CroCop will return to Japan to fight DEEP Megaton Champ Roque Martinez, who thrilled the crowd at RIZIN 12 with a violent win.

Here’s the full list of fight announcements:

TAIGA vs Kento Haraguchi (kickboxing)
Kyoji Horiguchi vs Tenshin (kickboxing)
Daron Cruickshank vs Diego Brandao
Jiri Prochazka vs Jake Heun
Andy Nguyen vs Miyuu Yamamoto II
Yusaku Nakamura vs Manel Kape
Mikuru Asakura vs Karshyga Dautbek
Kai Asakura vs Topnoi
Mitsuhisa Sunabe vs Haruo Ochi
Cro Cop vs Roque Martinez

Disappointed Cro Cop is still taking squash matches at this stage of his career.

Isn't he retiring in December?

Sunabe getting close to the end of his career I am assuming. Been around a while and is 39 he has been fun to watch in Pancrase for a long time.

Cruickshank - Brandao should be a good fight. Cruickshank can win this on the feet.

Guchi - Tenshin is too fucking cool. Under these rules I will not be surprised if Tenshin gets a clear unanimous decision here

Disappointed Cro Cop is still taking squash matches at this stage of his career.

He's 44 and just tore his MCL do you expect him to be coming back against Minakov?
Also Roque Martinez is a solid opponent, very durable, good conditioning, good jab, surprising handspeed, wouldn't be shocked if he pulled this out

He's 44 and just tore his MCL do you expect him to be coming back against Minakov?
Also Roque Martinez is a solid opponent, very durable, good conditioning, good jab, surprising handspeed, wouldn't be shocked if he pulled this out
He should be fighting other weathered down PRIDE vets with big names like the Emelianenko brothers, W. Silva, Rampage, etc.

Actually, the logical fight would've been a rematch against Aleks.

He should be fighting other weathered down PRIDE vets with big names like the Emelianenko brothers, W. Silva, Rampage, etc.

Actually, the logical fight would've been a rematch against Aleks.
Weird logic my man but okay

They really building Tenshin's name up with this. Pretty decent little card

That card is incredibly weak, oh boy, I guess JMMA is really dead

This should be fun. Tenshin/Kyoji will be interesting but I think Goochi gets outclassed.

Not sure if trolling. Martinez is undefeated since 2011, and dominated both of his Rizin opponents. He's legit.

Does Tenshin have any plans on returning to MMA? Rather see that then Kickboxing but I'll take it.

Back