(Kyoji Horiguchi) vs(Kai Asakura) video

Damn, Japanese fighters just can't build any epic momentum and winning streaks anymore it seems compared to the golden era of mma

Damn, Japanese fighters just can't build any epic momentum and winning streaks anymore it seems compared to the golden era of mma
Kyoji was on a 13 winstreak. I think that's pretty epic. Let's see how many ufc fighters/non japanese fighters have that many wins in a row...only a handful. So please stfu and stop being an ignoramous.

Kyoji was on a 13 winstreak. I think that's pretty epic. Let's see how many ufc fighters/non japanese fighters have that many wins in a row...only a handful. So please stfu and stop being an ignoramous.
Hardly needed the insult. That’s why the board is known as the anus of mma forums.

Lol the bestrafer he would be a hairygooch fan

Hardly needed the insult. That’s why the board is known as the anus of mma forums.
Insult was definitely necessary when it's clear the commenter tried the belittle one's nationality and most likely race.

I don't get why the parenthesis are needed in the title?

Insult was definitely necessary when it's clear the commenter tried the belittle one's nationality and most likely race.
Had nothing to do with race, you’re grasping at straws. It was a comment on jmma in general. Again, your personal attack was not warranted, and only added to the bad vibes of the forum.

It could be his GSP/Serra or Anderson/Weidman. I think he'll bounce back well.

lol wat? Kyoji was on a massive streak and upset Darrion Caldwell 2x.

It's not like he got his ass kicked by Asakura. He got caught. And he'll be favoured to win against whoever he fights next.

Had nothing to do with race, you’re grasping at straws. It was a comment on jmma in general. Again, your personal attack was not warranted, and only added to the bad vibes of the forum.
Quit gaslighting the situation. He said japanese fighters, not fighters in Japanese MMA. It's pretty apparent the negative attitude most posters here have about Asian fighters in general, implying how weak they are by asking "why aren't there asian champions" or when a figher has a huge win streak in asian organizations, they make off handed comments like "Oh, he just beat a bunch of japanese cans". Don't act like such things don't exist in these forums. I'm just bringing the toxicity to light instead of sweeping it under the rug like you are.

Quit gaslighting the situation. He said japanese fighters, not fighters in Japanese MMA. It's pretty apparent the negative attitude most posters here have about Asian fighters in general, implying how weak they are by asking "why aren't there asian champions" or when a figher has a huge win streak in asian organizations, they make off handed comments like "Oh, he just beat a bunch of japanese cans". Don't act like such things don't exist in these forums. I'm just bringing the toxicity to light instead of sweeping it under the rug like you are.
Oh please. You’re race baiting to the extreme. His comment could have implied anything, from training, to competition levels, but here you are with your fake outrage immediately making it a race thing. Japanese is a nationality. Asian is the race. Chinese fighters are starting to do well in the UFC. Japanese fighters aren’t. Does me pointing that out make me racist? Maybe in your race baiting eyes. Just the other day, I was thinking “damn, Koreans fighters are doing terrible this year in international mma. I was afraid to say it though, because of race baiters like you. Then John Hyon KO, who interviews a lot of fighters, mentioned on his twitter that Kang broke the Korean losing streak in the UFC.

It’s people like you who make the internet a shitty place, always looking for reasons to be mad.

BTW, JMMA is over 90% Japanese fighters, and there are still non Japanese champs in Japanese promotions. @2004 account may have been wrong about Horiguchi specifically, but he’s not wrong about Japanese fighters in general. Look what happened to Yachi, for example.

rematch called off due to injury from kyoji

Sucks. I guess see what Leandro Higo is up to in Bellator. After that I guess they need to poach some UFC bantamweights (they couldn't be that expensive).

I like horiguchi but stylistically it's a bad choice. Asakura is better than his previous opponents

Oh please. You’re race baiting to the extreme. His comment could have implied anything, from training, to competition levels, but here you are with your fake outrage immediately making it a race thing. Japanese is a nationality. Asian is the race. Chinese fighters are starting to do well in the UFC. Japanese fighters aren’t. Does me pointing that out make me racist? Maybe in your race baiting eyes. Just the other day, I was thinking “damn, Koreans fighters are doing terrible this year in international mma. I was afraid to say it though, because of race baiters like you. Then John Hyon KO, who interviews a lot of fighters, mentioned on his twitter that Kang broke the Korean losing streak in the UFC.

It’s people like you who make the internet a shitty place, always looking for reasons to be mad.

BTW, JMMA is over 90% Japanese fighters, and there are still non Japanese champs in Japanese promotions. @2004 account may have been wrong about Horiguchi specifically, but he’s not wrong about Japanese fighters in general. Look what happened to Yachi, for example.

Look for examples at 115, 125, 135 lbs which is closer to the average weight for a male in Japan than in America or Europe.

Asia has some of the best lighest divisions, including jmma.
From LW to HW had not emerged a single standout talent from Japan in the last decade.

Asakura is good enough to be a top contender in the UFC in my opinion, I hope he makes the move sooner rather than later.

Horiguchi had fought 5x in 7 months, he said he didnt take the small injuries seriously enough, he will be back to continue his mission, but RIZIN has a great BW division, Shintaro Ishiwitari, the true King of Pancrase, Victor Henry, current DEEP BW CHAMP, Manel Kape, Hiromasa Ogikubo, Kai Asakura, Yuki Motoya & many others on the come up. First major injury for Gooch so I expect him to recover well but many exciting and talented fighters will help continue the epic nature of RIZIN events, plus a rumored BW GP could be one of the best we have seen in a long long time.

Back