Kyoji Horiguchi vs. Ali Bagautinov Set For UFC Fight Night Manila

Who Wins?

• Total voters
I don't think Ali will be able to solve Kyoji's speed blitzes, he's going to come in hit him and get out of the pocket then again this time with a kick instead of a punch.
Agree, Ali won't be able to catch Guchi. Also Ali will eat counters every time he comes in to clinch with him. Speed, footwork and movement will be the biggest factor in this fight

Agree, Ali won't be able to catch Guchi. Also Ali will eat counters every time he comes in to clinch with him. Speed, footwork and movement will be the biggest factor in this fight

I thought Ali was ok, but after he got popped I lost all respect for him

This is a good fight. Bagautinov only lost to DJ and Benavidez, Horiguchi only lost to DJ. I don't think Bagautinov can deal with Horiguchi's speed to land takedowns, so I expect Horiguchi to hop around and win a decision.

I also think it'll be a landslide, but Bagautinov is very tough.

Agreed. Gooch will most likely get it done on speed and talent. But I also wouldn't be surprised if it goes the other way. If it doesn, we'll all be looking like:

<mma1>

Hopefully Russian boy isn't on steroids like when he fought Dj.

Wow, good matchup. I've got Horiguchi via UD. Regardless, can't wait..

lol I thought the exact same thing. Can't believe Shelby booked two good fights (this one + Dodson vs Lineker) in one week.

This would be Gucci's best win. He did look better against Might Mouse even with the late finish. DJ just turned into a completely one dimensional wrestler that night. Against Ali he just dominated after the first round.

Great fight. Ali via horsepower.

I really like this fight. I think Horiguchi might be the second best flyweight in the world and he just got his title shot a little too early but Ali is strong.

Wasn't he on EPO in the MM fight? Linekar had more of a plodding style back then if I remember right.
EPO probably saved him from not being finished but it had nothing to do with that takedown. Lance Armstrong ain't doing that to MM.

That's exactly what I mean, he looked ok in his last fight, but he didn't look like the same guy who challenged MM.
He looked better against Herrera. Granted it had a lot to do with the level of competition, but I don't know why you think he looked better against MM. He got dominated in that fight.

Great fight. Shame that it's not going five rounds, which both guys would desperately need before going after DJ again.

So... the flyweight divisions most mobile fighter is facing it's least mobile fighter?

Ali is a guy that likes to move backwards a lot, counting on the guy to walk him down and then retaliating. Often he even hugs the cage doing so. Considering how insane Kyoji's in-and-out darts can be I have no idea how this clash of styles will transpire. Ali could be massively frustrated with a guy who simply won't follow him like most men do.

Nice, Bagautinov is probably more well rounded, but Horiguchi will win with his blitz and precision.

EPO probably saved him from not being finished but it had nothing to do with that takedown. Lance Armstrong ain't doing that to MM.

He looked better against Herrera. Granted it had a lot to do with the level of competition, but I don't know why you think he looked better against MM. He got dominated in that fight.

I'm saying the EPO allowed him to go harder and longer without gassing as quickly, if you don't get tired as easily it allows you to pull off your techniques.

I'm not saying he looked better against MM, I'm saying being on PEDs allowed him to look like a better fighter overall so he could get big fights and title shots.

Back