Kyoji Horiguchi vs. Ali Bagautinov Set For UFC Fight Night Manila

Who Wins?

• Total voters
Good matchup, am torn. Guchimane should take it, but Ali is tough

Wow, good matchup. I've got Horiguchi via UD. Regardless, can't wait..

Oh shit...great fight. This should have been the headliner considering both of these guys are nearing another title shot.

I'm torn on this one because they're both my favourites in the division. My heart is leaning towards kyoji, but my brain is saying Bagautinov.

Fuck it, I'll go with kyoji.

Just curious, where do both guys train?

I'll take the Guchi via blinding speed. Dude is scary fast.

Oh shit...great fight. This should have been the headliner considering both of these guys are nearing another title shot.

I'm torn on this one because they're both my favourites in the division. My heart is leaning towards kyoji, but my brain is saying Bagautinov.

Fuck it, I'll go with kyoji.

Fortheo, I think it's a no brainer. Horiguchi all the way, Ali not going to have any answers to his foot speed or hand speed.

kyoji is too good. give ali the EPO back and then we got a fight

Fortheo, I think it's a no brainer. Horiguchi all the way, Ali not going to have any answers to his foot speed or hand speed.

Ali is no joke in the clinch. If he clinches up with Kyoji, then it's trouble. Bagautinov is also a better boxer than the majority of Kyoji's formers opponents. I don't see this at all as a no brainer, but I'm siding with kyoji for now. Also, while I'm at it, Ali's wrestling is better than anyone Kyoji has faced. He out wrestled DJ for fuck sake, granted he was on that juice haha.

Ali is a very tough test for Kyoji.

Last edited:
Ali is no joke in the clinch. If he clinches up with Kyoji, then it's trouble. Bagautinov is also a better boxer than the majority of Kyoji's formers opponents. I don't see this at all as a no brainer, but I'm siding with kyoji for now.

No sure if he can initiate and keep the clinch with him, he looked solid in his last fight, but nothing that made me say wow. He's a tough skilled opponent for Horiguchi, but I think Horiguchis speed going to be too much.

No sure if he can initiate and keep the clinch with him, he looked solid in his last fight, but nothing that made me say wow. He's a tough skilled opponent for Horiguchi, but I think Horiguchis speed going to be too much.

He got Mighty mouse, who is faster than Horiguchi, in the clinch repeatedly through-out that fight and took him down, but unfortunately for him, mighty mouse has the most dangerous clinch in that division.

I think people forget how good Bagautinov is. Here's a few reminders:

Him taking down mighty mouse, twice:

giphy.gif

Him showing off his punching power

BlueTemptingIguanodon.gif

Exchanging with lineker:

giphy.gif

Smooth take-down on lineker

SimilarFondAmazontreeboa.gif

Cool kick combo ali

giphy.gif

Last edited:
Lopsided poll thus far. I don't think it'll be an easy fight for The Gooch but I think he'll pull it out. Out of all the top 10 matchups for him I see this one being one of the more difficult. Bagautinov is no joke.

I'm gonna tentatively go with Kyoji.

Easily one of the best match ups in a long time.

I've got Horiguchi by UD after a FOTN war.

Love awesome match up announcements. Leaning towards gooch but it'll be a competitive fight nontheless.

He got Mighty mouse, who is faster than Horiguchi, in the clinch repeatedly through-out that fight and took him down, but unfortunately for him, mighty mouse has the most dangerous clinch in that division.

I think people forget how good Bagautinov is. Here's a few reminders:

Him taking down mighty mouse, twice:

giphy.gif

Him showing off his punching power

BlueTemptingIguanodon.gif

Exchanging with lineker:

giphy.gif

Smooth take-down on lineker

SimilarFondAmazontreeboa.gif

Cool kick combo ali

giphy.gif

Wasn't he on EPO in the MM fight? Linekar had more of a plodding style back then if I remember right.

Back