Kyoji Horiguchi is 11-0 Post DJ/8-0 Post UFC

Horiguchi is the best Japanese mma guy in the game right now

Gooch would beat most up and comers in a dying division. It was a smart move for him to cut his losses. Horiguchi opted to stay in Japan, it's not like the UFC is not interested in him.

I doubt the UFC is seriously interested in him.

Not only that but he just beat Darrion Caldwell, who is Bellators Bantamweight champion and Dominick Cruz's team mate. Caldwell is a HUGE 135 and even has fought at 145 and Horiguchi tapped him out.

Why did they not resign him? The division was so sparse and they cut one of the best guys. He can obviously be successful at 135 as well.

They never should of cut him in the first place....now the problem might be money he's able to get sponsor pay and is getting huge reconigition over there for his wins... So he'll be making more over there potentially

Is he really going to come back for next to nothing money wise and get rid of he's sponsors who are paying his bills right now...

UFC fucked up here

Flying to the US from japan and then having to fight must be miserable.

Yeah, jetlag is weird. For some people it sounds like it's basically lasting fatigue. I've been to Asia a few times (from California) and for me, the effects are basically that I don't sleep much for about 4-5 days. I'll sleep from midnight to perhaps 4am, yet I'm constantly a little loopy and feel drained. Definitely wouldn't want to have to compete for 3 rounds against anyone. ;D

He's a stud and if they hadn't stupidly fed him to DJ way too early he could have been a very viable contender

As things stand now he'd still be a great addition at 135 but it's unlikely they will want to match whatever Rizin will offer him

He's dramatically more valuable to Rizin than he is to the UFC

Caldwell was doing very well in that fight. I would pick him in a rematch.

Yet another example why people bashing DJ's competition level have no idea what the fuck they're talking about.

Caldwell was doing very well in that fight. I would pick him in a rematch.

I think Kyoji stands up even easier if he has the cage to wall walk on. Also, I assume it would be five rounds in Bellator and I think that favors Kyoji.

the caldwell fight looked fix.

also horiguchi would get KO by USADA

Not to hijack, but are there any Japanese fighters who have popped before?

Not only that but he just beat Darrion Caldwell, who is Bellators Bantamweight champion and Dominick Cruz's team mate. Caldwell is a HUGE 135 and even has fought at 145 and Horiguchi tapped him out.

Why did they not resign him? The division was so sparse and they cut one of the best guys. He can obviously be successful at 135 as well.
It was a cross promotion. Caldwell was not cut.

Yet another example why people bashing DJ's competition level have no idea what the fuck they're talking about.
The majority of those people never paid attention to the division to begin with. Kyoji is a great fighter and DJ tooled him.

Seriously no one is going to post a vid or gif of the finish ? Bruh Tf is wrong with y'all

Some guys are better fits in other orgs. he's a better fit being one of the big stars in Japan, its like Mamed in KSW. They can make more money and be the big star in that org rather than being a top 10 guy in UFC who isnt a big name or star.

Kyoji Horiguchi is one of the best fighters in the world.
And that is why the current UFC is a joke. Wtf happened to the best fighters in the world fought there? They’re letting guys walk that are world class fighters. This guy could be a legit threat at 135 even. It just doesn’t make sense. Why are we even watching this shit? To see “marketable” fighters or the most skilled? It just boggles my mind.

He didn't get cut. He chose to take his ball elsewhere and get paid more and fight more often

Back