Opinion Kyle Korver - Privileged

I'm not supposed to "take advantage" of it. Its supposed to be automatic, like pheromones or some similar phenomenon. I've been told for decades now that my skin color is akin to winning the lottery.

Just would like to know when my benefits kick in is all.

Anyone?
You sound lazy. Not surprised you are where you are.

You sound lazy. Not surprised you are where you are.
hmmm..... So you're saying that working hard is an example of white privilege? I worked with a couple of black dudes a few years back and they did a good job. Is this cultural appropriation?

I think my white is broken or something because it doesn't seem to work like everyone says it does.

More virtue signalling by the nba...

Korver plays with slot of Afro Americans n feels the need to show he’s “woke”

The reality is “privilege” doesn’t come from your skin colour, but your cultural upbringing.

His Afro American teammates didn’t grew up with “lack of privilege” based on their skin colour, but due to culture of fatherless homes n violence in Afro American communities.

We got to the point that we look down on ppl who grew up in a functioning household (privilege), instead of using it as a benchmark for others to follow

That has nothing to do with the topic, and the question portrays a general misunderstanding of what privilege theory denotes.
I agree, I don't understand it and have asked a similar question in every privilege thread. You'd think someone would have been able to enlighten me by now but....nope.

I agree, I don't understand it and have asked a similar question in every privilege thread. You'd think someone would have been able to enlighten me by now but....nope.

Privilege theory, boiled down, is a collective theory. No one (outside of weird liberals who, themselves, don't understand the premise of privilege theory) asserts that all white people have privileges over all people of color. That's clearly not the case.

The basic idea is that white people (in white majority nations, mind you) as a whole have certain privileges over people of color as a whole. Furthermore is that hardships suffered by white people are very rarely due to their color of the skin, while hardships suffered by people of color is far more often related to their race.

It isn't about you, personally, as a white man. It's about a system (socially, politically, and economically) built by white men having a bias towards white men.

The same cases can be made in non-white countries that may discriminate based on race or nationality as well. It's a fairly natural phenomena in all societies. The goal is to fix the inequalities inherent in our society. Some people may go to far and want to simply drag white people down, but that vocal minority is worth little more than laughing at.

I'm not supposed to "take advantage" of it. Its supposed to be automatic, like pheromones or some similar phenomenon. I've been told for decades now that my skin color is akin to winning the lottery.

Just would like to know when my benefits kick in is all.

Anyone?

Maybe it is that you are so dense and ignorant that people of every race see you as borderline retarded? Making your skin color irrelevant?

Not saying it is that way I'm just asking questions....

<{Joewithit}>

Dat real?
Privilege theory, boiled down, is a collective theory. No one (outside of weird liberals who, themselves, don't understand the premise of privilege theory) asserts that all white people have privileges over all people of color. That's clearly not the case.

The basic idea is that white people (in white majority nations, mind you) as a whole have certain privileges over people of color as a whole. Furthermore is that hardships suffered by white people are very rarely due to their color of the skin, while hardships suffered by people of color is far more often related to their race.

It isn't about you, personally, as a white man. It's about a system (socially, politically, and economically) built by white men having a bias towards white men.

The same cases can be made in non-white countries that may discriminate based on race or nationality as well. It's a fairly natural phenomena in all societies. The goal is to fix the inequalities inherent in our society. Some people may go to far and want to simply drag white people down, but that vocal minority is worth little more than laughing at.
Well, I assume the discussion is about the states.
I think this supports my theory of economic class more than magical skin powers. Economic class is our real issue.

And you're wrong. When you call it "white privilege" you make it about me. I'm white. The implication is that I get special treatment. I can't think of a more direct term to imply whites get special benefits. There are poor white people. There are uneducated white people. For every shitty apartment complex, there's a trailer park.

This is pandering to minorities while getting people to avert their attention from our economic issues and fooling people into thinking the odds are stacked against them to keep them in their place. You're being fleeced and its so brutally obvious.

Maybe it is that you are so dense and ignorant that people of every race see you as borderline retarded? Making your skin color irrelevant?

Not saying it is that way I'm just asking questions....

<PlusJuan>
Like I said, no one can give an intelligent answer to this.

<PlusJuan>
Like I said, no one can give an intelligent answer to this.

Maybe it is that you are so dense that you can't recognize the answers you get as intelligent?

Dumb. A white person may have privilege if he's driving through the suburbs and passes two cops. However, he may be underprivileged if he has to walk through a black neighborhood. Any time someone asserts that someone has racial privilege, the onus is on the person who claims it to point out specific situation(s) the benefactor has been in in which he/she was privileged. I once went to a Japanese restaurant and while waiting for a table, two Asians came in. They got a table before me. They had Asian privilege in that situation.

I'll ask the same thing I ask every time.

Post some examples of how my skin tone has helped me get ahead.

lol this guy.

You ever been pulled over? Ever been pulled over while black?

Ever applied for a job with the name Tyreke? Nope? Then shut up about it. Your opinion (which isn’t even an opinion) means nothing

Yeah. It is hard to believe that they aren't just going with the hateful flow.

Korver is in the NBA.............................. His perspective is different than...EVERYONE ELSE, apart from the few white players in the league.

I think there are under 500 people TOTAL in the NBA, so his perspective is relatively unique.

The low iq right can’t or won’t see this though. They see the words white privilege and their eyes get red, smoke comes out of their ears and this prevents them from seeing any type of evidence.

Besides they like saying black people are just not good enough. It makes them feel better about their bum lives

<{Joewithit}>

Dat real?
Well, I assume the discussion is about the states.
I think this supports my theory of economic class more than magical skin powers. Economic class is our real issue.

And you're wrong. When you call it "white privilege" you make it about me. I'm white. The implication is that I get special treatment. I can't think of a more direct term to imply whites get special benefits. There are poor white people. There are uneducated white people. For every shitty apartment complex, there's a trailer park.

This is pandering to minorities while getting people to avert their attention from our economic issues and fooling people into thinking the odds are stacked against them to keep them in their place. You're being fleeced and its so brutally obvious.

Bud, I already explained that privilege theory isn't meant to be regarded on an individual basis.

You glossed right past that, took it personally, and used the idea incorrectly for what purpose?

And just about everyone would agree that class privilege is a more toxic and insidious form of privilege than racial privilege.

When someone famous makes a coherent point where they show they aren't a piece of shit and care about other people: "lol omg what a virtue signal loser. only fucking losers use virtues"
When someone on sherdog makes a coherent point where they show they aren't a piece of shit and care about other people: "omg what a tds reee cuck triggered"

I wonder how many of these trolls knew grewing up that they'd be turning into Sid from ToyStory?

What do you expect from a white basketball player? Check out Poppovich from the Spurs to see how this shit works.

When someone famous makes a coherent point where they show they aren't a piece of shit and care about other people: "lol omg what a virtue signal loser. only fucking losers use virtues"
When someone on sherdog makes a coherent point where they show they aren't a piece of shit and care about other people: "omg what a tds reee cuck triggered"

I wonder how many of these trolls knew grewing up that they'd be turning into Sid from ToyStory?

I once read a theory that Sid isn't actually a bad dude.

Back