Kurt Eichenwald embarrasses himself vs Tucker Carlson, given seizure on Twitter because of a gif

Spoken like someone with the intellect of a shrub.
Don't be angry. I love Jon Stewart. But the man is hardly an intellectual. His great talent was making his watchers feel like they were smart for laughing at his jokes and that they were smarter than their political opponents.
tumblr_mhhn0o7iET1qm7ujwo5_250.gif

How pathetic is it for someone to watch TV for a decade and find it hilarious and great.

Low brow entertainment, if I may steal your phrase.
It's pathetic to watch TV for a given length of time and be entertained during that time? We have different interpretations of what the word, "pathetic" means. Are you saying all TV is low brow entertainment?

He asked Kurt to answer a question with yes or no and he refused for almost 9 minutes

I think Eichenwald did some mental math and realized he didn't want to give a yes or a no to that for legal reasons. Trump seems itchy to sue for libel, and his claim did come across as potentially libelous if he couldn't back it up.

But yeah, his behavior was really strange. I think Eichenwald watched tape on Carlson to prepare for the interview and got intimidated. Tucker was clearly in his head. I mean, that guy actually had a file with the words Tucker Carlson Falsehoods printed on it. What the hell is that? He had a prop and he wasn't afraid to use it!

I do hope he is OK. His Twitter meltdown was epic, and well, concerning.

Last edited:
It's pathetic to watch TV for a given length of time and be entertained during that time? We have different interpretations of what the word, "pathetic" means. Are you saying all TV is low brow entertainment?

90%. You can have gems here and there, but not having a TV is a big plus for your mind.

Don't be angry. I love Jon Stewart. But the man is hardly an intellectual. His great talent was making his watchers feel like they were smart for laughing at his jokes and that they were smarter than their political opponents.
Naw. His great talent was pointing out the absurdity of politics in a humorous way. Your post is just the standard fallback criticism of conservatives distilled through the lens of disliking John Stewart. Damn liberals and thinking they're smarter than everyone! Derp!!! They only like the Daily Show because it made them feel superior to people that don't like it. It's a ridiculous criticism and something I don't believe.

@KONE does have the intellect of a shrub. That's just a fact. My liking the Daily Show is irrelevant.

I've never seen someone filibuster a tv interview and then go on a pointless rant about CIA staff being underpaid

Naw. His great talent was pointing out the absurdity of politics in a humorous way. Your post is just the standard fallback criticism of conservatives distilled through the lens of disliking John Stewart. Damn liberals and thinking they're smarter than everyone! Derp!!! They only like the Daily Show because it made them feel superior to people that don't like it. It's a ridiculous criticism and something I don't believe.

@KONE does have the intellect of a shrub. That's just a fact. My liking the Daily Show is irrelevant.

lol pleb tier sense of humor

I bet you think SNL and John Oliver are hilarious as well

lol pleb tier sense of humor

I bet you think SNL and John Oliver are hilarious as well
SNL has been shit for over a decade and Oliver was funny for a season and a half, but he literally tells the same jokes in the same format virtually every episode. Seinfeld and The Simpsons are the greatest shows ever.

I think the Daily Show was a likable show, so I have no problem with anyone liking it. Stewart did point out the absurdity of politics, and from time to time he'd look at the absurdity on both sides of the issue. But being a liberal, he looked the absurdity of conservative positions far more, often to devastating effect, but in a way that unconsciously seemed very much to feed into a sense of liberal superiority. Who was it who said that republicans think their enemies are sinners and Democrats think their enemies are ignorant and stupid?

He and Colbert both helped in their own ways to bolster the smug style in American liberalism that was very much on display in the recent campaign. One can see more than a bit of that creeping into Republican banter post-election. I think they'd be smart to avoid underestimating the dumb SJWs, cucks, etc.

I think its the format of the delivery. Whenever Stewart spouts his rebuttal, it is led by a pause in the audience. Usually after cutting off the clip he is showing (usually a goofy conservative) at decent comedic timing. At this point, doesnt matter what he says as long is it sounds good. the atmosphere of smug has already been created.

I think its the format of the delivery. Whenever Stewart spouts his rebuttal, it is led by a pause in the audience. Usually after cutting off the clip he is showing (usually a goofy conservative) at decent comedic timing. At this point, doesnt matter what he says as long is it sounds good. the atmosphere of smug has already been created.
I think Stewart had better than decent timing, but yeah, I think I agree.

what kind of loser brings props to a fuckign news interview? i can't imagine carrot top being that much of a cl\own.

and why is it so hard to answer a yes or no question?

but lol at 8:30 when the guy is blowharding about some shit and tucker(with a dumbfounded look on his face) just interupts and says "what's the message?"

I've never seen someone filibuster a tv interview and then go on a pointless rant about CIA staff being underpaid

he was going to talk about aliens but he got cut off

Didn't Tucker used to have a show on CNN back in the day with some bald liberal dude they called the "Ragin' Cajun" or something? Was it called Cross-Fire or something?

That's interesting. It is superficial amusement--basically trash. Very different from the comedy of a George Carlin, who is a lot more cerebral.

Oliver was funny

8lgLM6x.jpg

I think Eichenwald did some mental math and realized he didn't want to give a yes or a no to that for legal reasons. Trump seems itchy to sue for libel, and his claim did come across as potentially libelous if he couldn't back it up.

But yeah, his behavior was really strange. I think Eichenwald watched tape on Carlson to prepare for the interview and got intimidated. Tucker was clearly in his head. I mean, that guy actually had a file with the words Tucker Carlson Falsehoods printed on it. What the hell is that? He had a prop and he wasn't afraid to use it!

I do hope he is OK. His Twitter meltdown was epic, and well, concerning.

I honestly don't even think anything was actually written in that "Tucker Carlson falsehoods" file. He just brought it to try and intimidate him and was clearly mindfucked from the very beginning

Back