kurt angle

tekkenfan

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
given kurts size and style curious how u think his mma career would have been if he didnt pursue mma as long maybe say in 2001 he quit to do mma once it became sanctioned and a respected sport

i feel around 2001-2003 he was still young healthy enough to develop a style especially for 205 or hw

lots of olympic guys he was around went into mma kevin jackson ect he was extremely fast for his size being 6 1 and around 240 235

not good for his pocket and popularity.

isnt he a small LHW?

By far, especially given the time period he was in (early 2000s start). But he also paid a huge physical price from his career
He was on borrowed time regardless. His neck was a time bomb

To actually answer the question, since others wont:
He wouldve been successful for that time period. A very "team quest-ish" grinding style. More money wouldve been made in Japan though.

Wasn't it already a mess at the Olympics?

But the constant bumps did not help matters
he hurt it before olympics but come on hed been fine in mma its fucked for life due to the chair shots and all the bs he took

He wouldve been successful for that time period. A very "team quest-ish" grinding style. More money wouldve been made in Japan though.

i know pro wreslting isnt the same but angle seemed like a fast shooting explosive type guy i feel hed done great given all the other athete sin wwf who did good in mma jack swagger bobby lashley ect angle moved so much faster better than them in ring which i feel hed done well eh also is super tehcnical for a big guy so i feel hed have really tried to learn how to apply wrestling to mma he could have evolved things for the sport tbh

he hurt it before olympics but come on hed been fine in mma its fucked for life due to the chair shots and all the bs he took

Probably. I'd agree with that.

Taking a fight wasn't constant bumping and chair shots. He probably would have been able to rest and heal his neck rather that eat continuous trauma night in, night out

yes but thats not the point im asking how do you feel he will do
Would have ran his division if he could take a punch or two. Depends on who he linked up with in terms of strategy

I think he'd have been really good.

I thought the neck injuries were from amateur wrestling not WWE.

What exactly were his issues? Discs? Fractures?

I think he wouldve been more of a Coleman/Kerr. He wasn't much a clinch guy.

The rest of us missed the question mark.

I think he'd have been really good.

I thought the neck injuries were from amateur wrestling not WWE.

What exactly were his issues? Discs? Fractures?
he had a neck injury right ebfore olympics but it would have healed after the repeated chair shots and crazy bumps he took vs shane in 2001 really hurt him further

There wasn't a heck of a lot of strategy back then lol
exatly and i feel he would have evolved with mma as he is a technical guy learnt pro wrestling as well to an art form ulike brock lesnar so im sure kurt would have studied sub grappling as well and became a submission guy to finish his speed really would help him i feel he was faster in the ring than eddie and chris benoit guys who were 5 foot 7 and 185 pounds

Back