Kurt angle vs mark Coleman would be badass

Idonotbelieveit

winning
@Gold
Reaction score
Mma wrestling I'm talking about . Kurt pure wrestling wins handily Who knows how Kurt would cross over to mma wrestling
Obviously it would be different Kurt might struggle to adapt

wrestling in mma
I really enjoyed mike van aredale va couture wrestling . Everyone thought mike would out wrestle him first 4 minutes sick grappling exchanges

Mma wrestling I'm talking about . Kurt pure wrestling wins handily Who knows how Kurt would cross over to mma wrestling
Obviously it would be different Kurt might struggle to adapt

wrestling in mma
I really enjoyed mike van aredale va couture wrestling . Everyone thought mike would out wrestle him first 4 minutes sick grappling exchanges
Coleman defeated Angle at least once in Freestyle wrestling. At the 1995 Sunkist International. Angle has win(s) over Coleman too though. This is no surprise, most of the top guys trade wins and losses domestically and while Coleman didn't have as good an NCAA and freestyle career as Angle, he was a world finalist and Olympian.

Ive said many times one of my favorite fighters to watch wrestle in MMA was Kurt Pellegrino. Just awesome and varied technique.

Right now?

Kurt Angle can barely walk. The guy has the most broken body I've ever seen. Incredible amatuer wrestler obviously, but I doubt he can pull off even the most basic single leg right now.

Right now?

Kurt Angle can barely walk. The guy has the most broken body I've ever seen. Incredible amatuer wrestler obviously, but I doubt he can pull off even the most basic single leg right now.
Same with Coleman.

I hate to hear how banged up these guys are
Me too man. It makes me wonder what is the difference between guys like Cael Sanderson and others who seem to be in pretty good condition and guys like Angle and Coleman who have been banged up for years. Im sure its some combination of smarts and luck.

Me too man. It makes me wonder what is the difference between guys like Cael Sanderson and others who seem to be in pretty good condition and guys like Angle and Coleman who have been banged up for years. Im sure its some combination of smarts and luck.

I think it comes down to biomechanics and antagonist muscle use

I think Coleman was a more natural fighter. Kurt threw a bitch fit when Puder yanked his arm, Coleman woulda headbutted the ever living fuck out of him.

Isn't Cael from a much lighter weight class?

Well Angle and Coleman damaged their bodies a lot with pro wrestling for Angle and mma for Coleman. Also Coleman and Angle were definitely on performance enhancers after their amateur careers were over and that had to have helped cause some damage to their bodies as well.

Sanderson always had luck on his side. The fact that he went 159-0 in college and never missed a match, let alone a loss, is crazy luck. He also got out of competitive wrestling before he really hit his prime and got into coaching, so that helped save his body.

Isn't Cael from a much lighter weight class?

Cael wrestled at 185 internationally(197 his senior year of college) and Coleman/Angle were 220 internationally.

I think he (Sanderson) got even bigger over the years after he retired 'early'; you see pictures of him next to guys like Wanderlei Silva, and he looks huge in comparison.

Big Cat Tom Erikson FTW

I remember hearing either Kerr or Coleman had in their Pride contract that Erikson couldn't fight them can't remember which one. A shame really he was a nightmare match up for both.

I remember hearing either Kerr or Coleman had in their Pride contract that Erikson couldn't fight them can't remember which one. A shame really he was a nightmare match up for both.
Well, Erikson did ktfo Randleman so it wouldn't surprise me if that were true. It also wouldn't surprise me if that was bullshit either. Kerr and especially Coleman were at least as credentialed as Erikson was and now juiced to the gills.

Kerr AND Ricco I believe

Coleman defeated Angle at least once in Freestyle wrestling. At the 1995 Sunkist International. Angle has win(s) over Coleman too though. This is no surprise, most of the top guys trade wins and losses domestically and while Coleman didn't have as good an NCAA and freestyle career as Angle, he was a world finalist and Olympian.
Didn't know they competed amateur wrestling

Back