Kung Fu?

Hey man, what's wrong with their technique? The crane guy actually did pretty good.......... you can tell he trained in the crane style , because of the circular windmill type punches.......I dont know about yall but I was actually amazed......call me a dumbass all you want but............eh , who am I kidding? THOSE DUDES SUCKED ASS!

Hahaha, im going to show that to my friend, hes been training praying mantis kung fu for a couple hours a day for almost 5 years, i'll show him the graceful moves he MIGHT learn by age 50...

well i used to be a big fan of Kung fu until i saw that...

Originally posted by sakurai#1fan
Hey man, what's wrong with their technique? The crane guy actually did pretty good.......... you can tell he trained in the crane style , because of the circular windmill type punches.......I dont know about yall but I was actually amazed......call me a dumbass all you want but............eh , who am I kidding? THOSE DUDES SUCKED ASS!

LOLOLOLOLOL

this shit is amazing man! r these guys real masters?

Well, I dunno any schools, but a few pointers. First, I'd forget about Wing Chun schools. Then, you can also search for Wushu (Wu shu, Wu-shu) and there you need to distinguish between "modern" and "traditional" Wushu. Wushu is two words that in a modern fashion translates to "martial art" and/or "art of war".

Modern is like the Beijing Wushu Team. Just view them as a ballet-group outta China. Lots of acrobatics, but unpractical when fighting. Probably great for fitness. However, so is Tae Bo.

Traditional is tougher. It's fit for fighting and commonly includes elbows and knees. Whether you use this when sparring is up to your instructor. If you're lucky, this system includes Shuai Chiao in its training, teaching you ground skills. It's Mongolian wrestling. Very brutal throughout history, where you'd throw to break an opponents arm, neck, or whatever. Sparring will incorporate the stand-up skills with Shuai Chiao.

Modern and traditional both include weapons training. I'm not sure how it works in other schools, but we have to opt for weapons training, and then have intense training in it. I'm not in the US, though. Modern should include weapons training in its basic program, but again, I'm not sure. I say this because they frequently compete in it.

And, like I said before, "kung fu" is a word meaning "skill". It was first used in the movie-industry, and I wish it had remained there. It says about as much of a style as Jeet Kune Do, but it's often associated with Wing Chun.

That fight was pretty fuckin funny. :) I think anyone with 3 TV-hours of UFC or Pride could fight and destroy both at once.

You guys must admit , those guys were tough as nails.......they were absorbing punch for punch after each blow.......they still suck though........

I must conclude that after watching that clip once more , I will never view a kung fu movie as it once was .......Mythical fighters who can take on people in all shapes and sizes.

They were punching like girls. Women fighters today hit alot harder than thsoe fools.

Originally posted by sodomaestro
Well, I dunno any schools, but a few pointers. First, I'd forget about Wing Chun schools. Then, you can also search for Wushu (Wu shu, Wu-shu) and there you need to distinguish between "modern" and "traditional" Wushu. Wushu is two words that in a modern fashion translates to "martial art" and/or "art of war".

Modern is like the Beijing Wushu Team. Just view them as a ballet-group outta China. Lots of acrobatics, but unpractical when fighting. Probably great for fitness. However, so is Tae Bo.

Traditional is tougher. It's fit for fighting and commonly includes elbows and knees. Whether you use this when sparring is up to your instructor. If you're lucky, this system includes Shuai Chiao in its training, teaching you ground skills. It's Mongolian wrestling. Very brutal throughout history, where you'd throw to break an opponents arm, neck, or whatever. Sparring will incorporate the stand-up skills with Shuai Chiao.

Thank you for the input this should be helpful.
Modern and traditional both include weapons training. I'm not sure how it works in other schools, but we have to opt for weapons training, and then have intense training in it. I'm not in the US, though. Modern should include weapons training in its basic program, but again, I'm not sure. I say this because they frequently compete in it.

And, like I said before, "kung fu" is a word meaning "skill". It was first used in the movie-industry, and I wish it had remained there. It says about as much of a style as Jeet Kune Do, but it's often associated with Wing Chun.

There's not enuff hand to hand combat in Kung-fu to b worth basin ur training arounD!

Thanks for re-posting that huge comment again kertsbs. It helps tons. I totally missed it the first time.

I think a yellow belt in TKD could have beat those guys, lol...

that was hands down the worst fight i have ever seen.

Originally posted by SPM
I think a yellow belt in TKD could have beat those guys, lol...

LMAO!!! I couldn't agree more.

Jason DeLuca vs. Royce...Remember that? Royce also beat him in Gracies in action.

after watchin that, I think everyone can understand how 140# Helio Gracie destroyed almost everyone he ever fought back in his day. I cant fight my way out of a trash bag and Im pretty sure I could take one of those guys. Just tackel and ground and pound!

most people who have opinions on kung fu don't know shit. There are an uncountable number of differing styles of kung fu out there, and even minus the ones that are similar you are still left with well over a hundred which are not. As for a Seattle school there is a kwoon there that is very reputable with good lineage from various shaolin styles ( I think its calles the shaolin gung fu institute). The main instructor there is a well spoken level headed man who makes none of the usual absurd claims about his art but teaches good traditional forms and weapons techniques. If you can, look for a wushu school. Wushu is a kind of federated kung fu system meant solely for demonstration; it's what you see in the movies like CT/HD. As for you dumb fucks out there who say kung fu is shit I will assure you that EVERY technique you have ever seen in BJJ, Muay Thai, Boxing or anything else can be found in the general library of kung fu. The Japs inherited everything from the chinese, who got a lot of their shit from the Indians who in turn got their shit from greece, arabia and various other sources. So did the Thais. And there are even practicing Sansho and Shuai Jiao guys out there who are every bit as skilled as other fighters in the world only they are either lacking in size or choose to compete in their own tournaments.

Back