Kung Fu vs Jiu Jitsu

Do they not do full contact sparring at kung fu academies? It sure seems like that guy has never taken a punch in his life, he needs to get the fear out of him before he starts repping his sport.

It was fun to watch tho, I'll bet with a little MMA and some BJJ that guy could be half way decent within a couple months.

of course they don't do full contact sparring at kung fu schools, haven't you heard how powerful and deadly their techniques are? you'd have people dying everyday!

Cool slaps. Practicing purse defense?

The purpose of the strike isn't necessarily to knock someone silly, it's to set up a takedown or submission. These will be just as effective to this end open handed. You will however see elbows thrown more, as it's quite tough to break those.

That might be a brown belt in BJJ vs a Kung FU guy who has been training 12 days! The Kung Fu guy is GROSS!!

Kung Fu (the style I was trained in anyway) is not a style that you can pretend fight, or slap fight.....it is meant to put someone down!

I love BJJ and MMA and have been training them for a long time but in a REAL fight I would use techniques I was taught in Kung Fu.

Of course you would. Your style is too DEADLY to practice, and competition weakens the fighter. What happens when you get into a fight and your superduperwhizbangonepunchmakehisheartstop punch doesn't work? What makes your kung fu different than the kung fu used in all the Gracie Challenge videos? Many of those guys had experience you could measure in decades and they came up short.

I saw no kung fu in that video. If you're going to do a "versus" video at least find two guys with the same amount of training time in their respected discipline. That guy looked like he had no martial arts training at all. If he study his instructor sucks.

Of course you would. Your style is too DEADLY to practice, and competition weakens the fighter. What happens when you get into a fight and your superduperwhizbangonepunchmakehisheartstop punch doesn't work? What makes your kung fu different than the kung fu used in all the Gracie Challenge videos? Many of those guys had experience you could measure in decades and they came up short.

pretty sure ZZ was making a joke...

I'm the last person to defend 'kung fu' -- but that video is just a troll job. There was no anything from that other guy; he didn't throw a single attack.

Looks like a BJJer practicing on an untrained guy to me.

I love BJJ and MMA and have been training them for a long time but in a REAL fight I would use techniques I was taught in Kung Fu and probably get my ass beat because the funtionality isn't there

fixed :eek::icon_lol:

It looked like more of a friendly sparring session. I mean look at the Kung Fu guy.....he looked like he could not harm a fly. I would have took it easy on him to if he came to my academy.....even would have talked him in joining my school.

When I was a blue belt I fought three Kung Fu students...they even wore the black uniforms and black Kung Fu shoes...lol

There instructor wanted there guys to fight with groundfighters to see if they could hang. He did place a restriction on how much time on the ground....45 seconds. No problem..... I was going to punch the shit out them.

One guy I mounted quickly and dropped elbows on his face and head. The other guy I mounted him after rolling him over with a tomoe-nage after he caught me kick and just punched his face until his nose was crooked.

The third guy held on for dear life in my guard like Shamrock did with Royce.

Good experience and fun.

It looked like more of a friendly sparring session. I mean look at the Kung Fu guy.....he looked like he could not harm a fly. I would have took it easy on him to if he came to my academy.....even would have talked him in joining my school.

When I was a blue belt I fought three Kung Fu students...they even wore the black uniforms and black Kung Fu shoes...lol

There instructor wanted there guys to fight with groundfighters to see if they could hang. He did place a restriction on how much time on the ground....45 seconds. No problem..... I was going to punch the shit out them.

One guy I mounted quickly and dropped elbows on his face and head. The other guy I mounted him after rolling him over with a tomoe-nage after he caught me kick and just punched his face until his nose was crooked.

The third guy held on for dear life in my guard like Shamrock did with Royce.

Good experience and fun.

mad props, you hard core! :rolleyes:

Under no circumstances is it permissible for you to roll your eyes at TeamCarvalho.

Might be fun to do it online, but given the <6 degrees of separation in BJJ, everyone knows everyone. I wouldn't doubt that a BB was/is capable of smacking some Kung Fu guys around.

Kung-Fu dude was obviously suppressing his chi so his deaththrows wouldn't kill the jiujitsu guy.

No one needs those kind of legal issues.

I'm pretty sure a BJJ black belt would school most anyone in a challenge match... except maybe another BJJ black belt.

Back