Kung Fu crisis in China and Hong Kong...

I still see karate and taekwondo joints with kids in them. It would be a good place for a parents to instill some confidence and develop good fitness habits for their kids. Can always train bjj or muay thai once they get older. There's no reason an 8 year old should be getting concussions training muay thai. but to the main point i think "kung fu" or chinese martial arts would still have practicioners for the same reason "cirque so leil" will always have performers

I thought this was about that Kung Flu for a sec

I've posted this before and I'll post this again.

The "cultural revolution" set back China behind more than just economic development, it also suppressed the development and continuation of kung fu because the communist party deemed it too dangerous to practice at the hands of the common people. So they come up with "Wushu" for those that don't know, wushu is the Taebo or boxercise equivalent to kung fu which is closer to gymnastics/dance than any martial art that they feel is safe for people to practice. It's really difficult to know how real kung fu stacks up compare to other forms of combat because other than wing chun, a lot of stuff you see today are straight up bs.

This wushu performance is essentially a gymnastic floor exercise with a stick.

Good. Fuck that fake shit. If they can bang, show us and prove it. Then they will get people to show up again.

They say Tai Chi is good for old people but i went to the park a few weeks ago and i mopped the floor with a few of those guys. The other people there pussed out and said they didn't want to fight they were just doing it for health. They don't meet there in the park anymore so i guess i am one of the reasons for this crisis

Back