Kung Fu crisis in China and Hong Kong...

the only reason kung fu is dying is because their movies are too dangerous and the movements too unorthodox that the MMA orgs won't even consider them.

Around the late 2000s, there was backstage footage of TUF tryouts (The Ultimate Fighter reality show), a kung fu african american was there to represent kung fu, but was not given the opportunity to even spar because 'you do kung fu, it's not allowed here!'

Yuge, if true.

I know people can say the same of guys like Freddy Roach or Nacho Beristain, but that wing chun master looks like your typical DBZ nerd.

Nacho Beristain trained the legendary Ricardo Lopez. Ricardo is the man, undefeated as amatuer and pro. But most importantly, perfect technique from start to finish.

Also we have moved on from Z to Dragon ball super.

I thought this would be another thread about the Kung Flu.

Qi gong helps with the flu maybe.

Nacho Beristain trained the legendary Ricardo Lopez. Ricardo is the man, undefeated as amatuer and pro. But most importantly, perfect technique from start to finish.

Also we have moved on from Z to Dragon ball super.

Qi gong helps with the flu maybe.
giphy.gif

Not going to lie. I assumed this was going to be another thread about Coronavirus

Maybe they gotta be like water and turn into an MMA school.

Well Kung fu is pretty silly so I don’t blame them

They can just use modern martial arts and twick it a bit and say it is neo-kungfu for da streets or the cage

Exactly what I mean, Roach and Nacho looks like frail old men but trained legendary boxers. I dunno maybe we should not judge geeky DBZ fanboy master for his looks but he is just too much of a geek ot too, also DBZ will always be the main arc.

Big worries for masters because less and less people are training in it and they cant find any young people that want to train in Kung Fu. Right now all the young folks go to kickboxing or MMA and lots of kwoons (dojo for kung fu) are having a hard time keeping their doors open because no one is showing up.

Videos being made and people are worried that its going to disappear entirely.

That is very sad to me. Kung Fu is a national treasure. It will be very sad to see that lost.

They need to make it more of an exercise thing.

That is very sad to me. Kung Fu is a national treasure. It will be very sad to see that lost.
Sanda is alive. Sanshou is alive. Wushu is being practiced globally as an exhibition & full-contact sport. It's just those goofy shit that has to go.

Actually here in China MA is being more look down upon, most of the wushu/TA people come from poor backgrounds with no real viable future.

A lot of mma and bjj/kick boxing gyms are seen as a workout more than MA.

That’s why no one really cares China has a champ

Actually here in China MA is being more look down upon, most of the wushu/TA people come from poor backgrounds with no real viable future.
So is boxing for the rest of the world but champs or successful boxers are celebrated since most of them came from poor backgrounds. What about in China? I know they're still in the early stages to be even considered as a powerhouse, but is boxing gaining popularity?

And evolve.

All those styles were born because they were adapting new stuff constantly from older styles, even styles we consider "traditional" today like Judo and Karate were evolving from other arts , doing things the same they were done 500 years ago because art and tradition is dumb, unless you are doing it solely for the art aspect like some traditional dance.

Bruce Lee was the first person ever in the universe to adapt a new style. He is the father of mma and without him, there would be no mixing of the arts.
Sadly now he's gone, the greatest martial artist ever can no longer guide people to adapt their styles.

Oh hang on a minute, we're being serious.

Didn't you all see ip man 4.? Donnie yen beat up that karate Sargent Scott Adkins with kung fu. Practically saving wing chun from being wiped out by the rascist white man. Now in America we have panda express.

But 4 real.
When donnie yen or Jackie chan dies then kung fu will be really dead. Sad face

Back