Kung Fu crisis in China and Hong Kong...

Ogata

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
Big worries for masters because less and less people are training in it and they cant find any young people that want to train in Kung Fu. Right now all the young folks go to kickboxing or MMA and lots of kwoons (dojo for kung fu) are having a hard time keeping their doors open because no one is showing up.

Videos being made and people are worried that its going to disappear entirely.

_H-43P.gif

They need to show up and beat some ass in the Octagon if they want to turn shit around.

Send their best masters.

But yeah, Asian stock in general has plummeted ever since Bruce Lee died and it was discovered that @Zer is German..

you need practical skills for the streets, like stabbing or shooting motherfuckers, or bjj to choke motherfuckers

this isnt very practical

Cause all the Masters are here in the states now. I see gyms everywhere training young ones.

There are always going to be enough pokemon and dragon Ball z nerds that will enroll in some classes and pretend to know how to disarm someone with a knife

They need to show up and beat some ass in the Octagon if they want to turn shit around.

Send their best masters.

I agree with you 100 percent and yes that's how it should be. I mean add submission grappling for sake of keeping it on the feet. From there, you can execute the kung Fu techniques and even if you lose, it can still be a favorable endeavor if you have a good showing in respect to displaying the fact that Kung Fu can hang.

Sadly these guys are all about their honor and fighting for money is dirty and all this nonsense. I don't agree but I mean what can I say?

you need practical skills for the streets, like stabbing or shooting motherfuckers, or bjj to choke motherfuckers

this isnt very practical

How is kicking someone 30 feet across a room not practical..?

Kids these days..

Send their best masters.

But yeah, Asian stock in general has plummeted ever since Bruce Lee died and it was discovered that @Zer is German..
Wasn't it @Zer who everybody thought was Asian for the longest time?

All dwindles in the face of greater practicality. Besides youd have to wipe out temple Buddhists and the Wu Tang Clan in order for KF to be forgotten. No worries.

If they want it to survive, they need to start competing to showcase the effectiveness of their style (like they used to do)

I thought this would be another thread about the Kung Flu.

If they want it to survive, they need to start competing to showcase the effectiveness of their style (like they used to do)

And evolve.

All those styles were born because they were adapting new stuff constantly from older styles, even styles we consider "traditional" today like Judo and Karate were evolving from other arts , doing things the same they were done 500 years ago because art and tradition is dumb, unless you are doing it solely for the art aspect like some traditional dance.

the only reason kung fu is dying is because their movies are too dangerous and the movements too unorthodox that the MMA orgs won't even consider them.

Around the late 2000s, there was backstage footage of TUF tryouts (The Ultimate Fighter reality show), a kung fu african american was there to represent kung fu, but was not given the opportunity to even spar because 'you do kung fu, it's not allowed here!'

Kung Fu is too deadly to practice in the UFC, it’s basically a conspiracy to keep the Asian brothers down.

Back