Ku Klux Klan rally in Anaheim: three stabbed, 13 arrested

No, I get it. All I'm saying is that I see why people would want to kick their ass and why it went down like it did. Like I said, I fully support free speech and if I thought I could get away with it, I'd throw a Klan Member a beatdown as well just for the hell of it. Freedom of speech isn't freedom from consequence.

well depends on what consequence,

you don't have the right to punch someone in the face for being an idiot.

well depends on what consequence,

you don't have the right to punch someone in the face for being an idiot.
Clearly, you didn't read my posts in this thread in which I tackled this exact train of thought.

They were given their right to protest, organize and speak. They even had police protection. Their rights were not infringed upon in any way. No one was hauled off to jail for the rally itself. To me, that's where free speech begins and ends. The freedom from consequence for that speech isn't part of it. If I'm speaking an a KKK rally and then no one will hire me, did that impede on my free speech? Nope.
What are you talking about? I didn't say anything about any of that stuff.

It is a shame though, that we only value free speech in a token way, only insofar as we don't want government laws against it. To me, that seems to go against the principle and hide behind a document. What is the point of acting as if we have free speech when it's so limited? In that case, should we even be proud of it? I don't think so. I'm not proud of speech being suppressed in every way besides government regulation. That to me is a given, the very basic and most rudimentary valuation of speech. A shame, really- that we only think free speech is good until the very first moment we can legally deny it.

Has the MSM misreported the incident as a 'All Lives Matter' rally yet?

You might not "have the right " to beat someone's ass, but sometimes you still should.

I totally agree with you on the point.

I was just trying to clarify a historical point that's been drilled into my head since I was little and is a bit of a pet peeve of mine.

Growing up in VA, we were taught a lot of civil war history.

I've even seen this one and asked the guy why it didn't have a picture of the stars and bars

05192b25c1e9c4306692803418e76543901d88-wm.jpg

He said what do you mean? me: oh nothing.

i lived in Alexandria and richmond before i moved to Texas.

a KKK rally in Anaheim? Orly.
what better way to aggravate and motivate the black voters.
staged event for that purpose by nefarious people.
OR..perhaps to enrage non-black voters who hunger
for declaration that their lives "Matter"?
either way, it's abject manipulation.
not interested.

Who fucking knows what dumb shit they are on about but it's their right to be as fucked up as they want as long as they stay within the law.
Who's worse the KKK or the violent racists who attacked them?

This is the real confederate flag...
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flags...Confederate_States_of_America_(1861-1863).svg

They are using the Second Confederate Navy Jack aka the stars and bars...

Now the same stars and bars was The Battle Flag of the Army of Northern Virginia....lol So they all from north VA or do they all own ironclads?

i'm just glad they aren't rocking my union jack, since that has an 'X' and a cross in it

and lol @ them having some asian-looking dragon on their shirts

lol at the fucking idiot in here who thinks it was a false-flag kkk rally of ... 8 or so people.

Or... Do it and accept the consequences that may follow. If I walk into a Biker bar and start talking shit to everyone in there, how many people are going to be saying 'But he had the right to free speech' when I get my ass kicked? No one. People would be like... What a fucking idiot. I'd have exercised my right to free speech and received an immediate repercussion.

This is situation is absolutely no different.

You want to be part of the KKK, that's fine. Go right ahead. But don't complain when you reap the 'benefits' of doing so. Man the fuck up, Klan...

The west coast may be a
gang of beaches, burritos
& drugs, but if you put that
bullshit out in the public
over here...

Be prepared for someone
to be nearby who doesn't
mind going to jail to stab
your ass. Smart to stay in
the OC, cowards

cities like newport and Huntington beach have skin heads I haven't seen them in like 8 years though. I used to work on katella ave near Disney ,angel stadium and the honda center never saw anything racist there.

So,the police couldnt protect like 10 KKK protesters?

When theres a rally of 200 Neo Nazis in Germany,theres usually at least a 1000 policeman to stop violence (which usually comes from the anarchist/communist counter protests)

How did KKK members get all the way to California? I thought the beach is supposed to chill you out.

So,the police couldnt protect like 10 KKK protesters?

When theres a rally of 200 Neo Nazis in Germany,theres usually at least a 1000 policeman to stop violence (which usually comes from the anarchist/communist counter protests)

They could, but they only follow orders.

I honestly have to say that the biggest idiots in all of this are the people that got themselves stabbed because they were so offended by an otherwise peaceful rally that was the size of a dinner party.

Back