KSW 53

piglord

Black Belt
Reaction score
ksw-53.png

anyone looking to bet this?

i have some action on gamrot by decision at +250. both guys are good grapplers, which should cancel out for a striking affair. i think gamrot has the sharper boxing but minimal power, and parke has a solid chin. i know it's a 5 rounder but good chance it cashes imo.

i have some action on gamrot by decision at +250. both guys are good grapplers, which should cancel out for a striking affair. i think gamrot has the sharper boxing but minimal power, and parke has a solid chin. i know it's a 5 rounder but good chance it cashes imo.
Thoughts on Artur Sowinski?

where did you get props?

He is facing the hardest lightweight hitter from Poland.
Gracjan had fights where he was losing until he landed a flash ko, kinda Yoel Romero style or Brian Ortega.

Artur is experienced but I woudlnt bet against Gracjan
20200705_130721.jpg

this is a really intriguing fight stylistically. artur is the more dynamic kickboxer with a nice array of weapons at range, he's also pretty good at catching opponents as they come in and has a good rear uppercut - which might be useful here. he doesn't have great footwork or power though, so he could struggle to maintain distance.

i suspect if gracjan closes distance on him, we might see artur pull him into the clinch where he seems adept.

artur is 1 inch taller but will have an 8-inch reach advantage, which is crazy at lightweight.

gracjan is more of an inside power boxer, under the same umbrella as john phillips or john lineker. he's limited at distance and doesn't have much of a ground game, but he will unleash hell with combos to the head and body if he can work his way into the pocket. i suspect he has plenty of "vitamins" floating through in his system.

i don't think gracjan is the smartest fighter and doesn't mind taking one to give one. this often works in his favor because of his power advantage over most lightweights.

this will be the hardest puncher artur has faced since conor, and that fight didn't work out well for him.

artur probably has a grappling advantage but i don't think he's much of a wrestler. we likely see a striking fight and the winner will be decided by whichever range the fight takes place at.

i could see this going either way but i definitely think the value is with gracjan at +160.

im still kinda new to ksw. they don't test for anything right?

From what I understood, he never showed up to the ceremonial weigh ins despite them giving him the chance. Saw an update from twitter where some guy had translated it, and that the bout was still on but no belt still 5 rounds. Both teams had made a deal apparently.

Edit update:
https://www.sherdog.com/news/news/K...ardy-After-Norman-Parke-Comes-in-Heavy-173884

So hes at 158 last update, but didn´t weigh in again no.

Okay cool, was hoping he wouldn't continue cutting when he'd have to weigh in again 6 hours later

Okay cool, was hoping he wouldn't continue cutting when he'd have to weigh in again 6 hours later

Yeah hopefully the bout will stay on, and that it was on purpose now that he didn´t show up. That would be best for his chances to win. So hopefully thats how it is. We´ll see what happens.

So were not gonna address the fact that one guy is fucking bright red like a dying boss character in a 90s beat em up game?

Parke arguably won the first fight, and that's with Gamrot not losing a point for the finger biting. Parke clearly won the third round, so I'm hoping the fight being five rounds favors him. The fight is in Poland though, and the judges might favor Gamrot once again if it's close. Not sure what to make of the weight miss. Still, this should be a pick'em at worst.

Parke 1.5u +160 (thought I had bet 2u, not sure if I'll add the 0.5u because the weight miss adds another question mark)
Wrzosek 2u +162
Pietrzak 2u -182
Edit: added Parke 0.5u +174 against my better judgement

Last edited:
Back