News KSW 51 in Croatia / Zagreb Arena / 09.11.2019

Discussion in 'Worldwide MMA Discussion' started by PudzianFighter, Sep 10, 2019.

1. PudzianFighter

PudzianFighter Blue Belt

My fantasy card:

Cro Cop vs Lungu
    Soldić vs Kincl (77 belt) (VERY LIKELY)
    Parnasse vs Pejić (66 belt) (VERY LIKELY)
    Materla vs Ilić (VERY LIKELY)
    Erko Jun vs Kołecki (VERY LIKELY)
    Bakocević vs Lazić (VERY LIKELY)
    Racić vs Saadeh (60 belt)
    Pokrajac vs Bekavac
    Janicić vs Michalski

PurpleStorm likes this.
  2. Koniradi98

Koniradi98 Purple Belt

Zagreb, Interesting and risky choice from KSW. Unlike London or Dublin there isn't a big polish community in Croatia and in November not many poles will be spending holidays there.
    Wojtek Mrozowski, a polish MMA journalist wrote that the city Zagreb is paying quite a sum to KSW to hold an event there, and that would explain a lot.
    Because I am not really sure how they plan to fill this Arena, there aren't that many popular croatian fighters, fighting for KSW or in generall (besides CroCop and Miocic). Only Soldic is quite known, hopefully he manages to get a fast win on Saturday and to be ready for November. I don't think Racic attracts many fans, same goes for Peijc.
    Bakocevic seems to be quite popular in the Balkans and he already fought for KSW, but he is crazy af, wouldn't be surprised if he already has a few fights lined in the next couple months.

Also, in my oppinion this will be a real test, to see how popular Erko Jun actually is. To be honest I never believed in his popularity, it's obvious that he bought most of his social media followers and before KSW signed him I never heard of him.

Would expect Jun fighting Pudzianowski, both called each other out and Pudzilla is still KSW's biggest name outside of Poland and they need such a name in a country without a big polish community, like croatia.

Isn't Bekavac still injured ? And Pokrajac looked like shit in his last fight on a regional show and got brutally KO'd, but on the other hand he is related to this weird looking friend of Kawulski so you never know.
    Don't know if Soldic and Kincl will be ready for November.
    Bakocevic and Ilic already hinted on their social media, that they will fight soon.
    But Lazic and Bakocevic seem to be close friends, so they probably won't fight each other.
    And at this moment KSW probably has no other choice but to give Racic a titleshot.

And yeah, I also expect Parnasse vs. Pejic. Parnasse hasn't fought for a long time now, and I think Peijc mentioned in one interview that KSW promissed him a short route to the title or something like this. And he is a croat who is represented by RED (Kawulski's Friend) and Ivan Dijakovic, so his appearance at KSW 51 is very likely.
    Another option would be Ivan Buchinger,big name on the european circuit, has a good win streak and just recently signed with Artnox, one of the bigger polish MMA management agencies cooperating with KSW, they also signed Kincl shortly before KSW announced his fight with Soldic.

I expect UFD Management to represent half of the card at this event.
    And why the fck did they chose to hold this event at the same date as UFC Moscow ?

Last edited: Sep 10, 2019
    PurpleStorm, DDx2 and lukeuidswords like this.
  3. Gazda

Gazda White Belt

I don't except any Balkans fighters to fight against each other.
    KSW is popular in Croatia, they are airing their shows on national TV. Roberto Soldic is also big name.

Ilic and Bakocevic are huge in Serbia, and they are also solid names in Croatia, so I expect a big Serbian support in Zagreb for Ilic and Bakocevic.
    Maybe some fighters from Slovenia on card. Erko Jun is not popular on the Balkans

4. Koniradi98

Koniradi98 Purple Belt

Btw. Is Ishii still participating in this PFL tournament ? If I am not mistaken his KSW contract is still valid and he definitely would attract some people in croatia.

5. Gazda

Gazda White Belt

Ishii is in PFL playoffs. Croatian newspapers clamis that we will see Aleksandar Rakas, Ivan Erslan and Ante Delija on KSW Zagreb.

Last edited: Sep 12, 2019
    Falconkick and Koniradi98 like this.
  6. Gitanos

Gitanos White Belt

Mirko Crocop VS Mariusz Pudzianowski!! Thats a fight i want to see on KSW Zagreb!!

7. Koniradi98

Koniradi98 Purple Belt

8. strebitel86

strebitel86 Orange Belt

Crocop should fight in KSW, btw I thought Lombard signed with KSW?

9. NuMe

NuMe Green Belt

Mirko recently had a stroke, you people either don't know that or want to see him die. He won't fight again and even if he makes up his mind, he shouldn't be allowed to.

10. Gazda

Gazda White Belt

If Soldic get easy win on KSW 50, he will be main event on KSW 51

PurpleStorm likes this.
  11. Koniradi98

Koniradi98 Purple Belt

12. Gazda

Gazda White Belt

Vaso is back!!!
    This will be card with fighters with most Instagram followers outside UFC :)

13. Bartosh

Bartosh Orange Belt

Good for them. They need to milk the Croatian market as long as they have Soldic.

14. cakemuncher

cakemuncher Black Belt

OMG Pudz vs Erko Jun is the freak fight everyone wants to see <3

I don't think anyone expects to fill the entire Arena. Neither the K1 World Grand Prix nor the UFC Fight Night were able to.

15. Gazda

Gazda White Belt

16. Gazda

Gazda White Belt

Tonight in 20:00h on Croatian YouTube channel Podcast Inkubator you can watch podcast with Lewandowski.

17. Koniradi98

Koniradi98 Purple Belt

Last edited: Sep 15, 2019 at 2:32 PM
  18. PudzianFighter

PudzianFighter Blue Belt

Kesik vs Ilić? Ilić vs Abus Magomedov was a better. My idea is Kesik vs Radcliffe/Joliton and Materla vs Du Plessis

19. Koniradi98

Koniradi98 Purple Belt

Du Plessis is defending his EFC title in december.
    Maybe Materla vs. Ilic and Kesik against a balkan newcomer.

They also announced Mankowski vs. Bakocevic before it became official.

20. Koniradi98

Koniradi98 Purple Belt

I don't speak croatian but according to google translate it looks like Lazic will also fight at KSW 51