KSW 47: De Fries vs Narkun

Koniradi98

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
DyvgIRxUcAAwdlI.jpg

5-time strongman winner vs olympic gold medalist in weight lifting.

Last edited:
I'm very interested in kolecki and to see how he develops. in the little footage I've seen of him fighting. when he got his hands on the opponent he fuckin rag dolled them. yes I know technique trumps that but I don't know anything about his martial arts background or if he even has one.

I always thought weightlifting would have a good xfer to mma, I mean shit all the athletes do snatch and c+j to get more athletic. kolecki is one of the best the world has ever seen at those 2 things. it takes the ultimate speed mobility flexibility power and strength. the fastest movement ever recorded at the Olympics was a dude getting under the bar in the snatch. really good weightlifters are a very special and unique athlete. just squatting is so simple seemingly but so so few athletes even do that well.

look at this monster.

I'm very interested in kolecki and to see how he develops. in the little footage I've seen of him fighting. when he got his hands on the opponent he fuckin rag dolled them. yes I know technique trumps that but I don't know anything about his martial arts background or if he even has one.

I always thought weightlifting would have a good xfer to mma, I mean shit all the athletes do snatch and c+j to get more athletic. kolecki is one of the best the world has ever seen at those 2 things. it takes the ultimate speed mobility flexibility power and strength. the fastest movement ever recorded at the Olympics was a dude getting under the bar in the snatch. really good weightlifters are a very special and unique athlete. just squatting is so simple seemingly but so so few athletes even do that well.

look at this monster.

best base for fighting is dancing

In all honesty I'm amazed at how much mileage KSW has gotten out of Mariusz Pudzianowski.

KSW has more champ vs champ bouts than the UFC does.

Only in their org, it is the lighter-weight fighters who lose.

KSW is desperately looking for new stars with Khalidov retiring and Pudzianowski turning 42 in february. Also trying to get rid of De Fries.

But I don't know if they are pushing the right guys, Gamrot isn't really star material imo. And Narkun isn't that liked after the Mamed fights, plus he appears to be not that smart in his interviews.

Last edited:
I still can't believe Phil De Fries in 2019 is holding a HW title in a fairly major MMA promotion - one that has some alright contenders like Bedorf. PDF was awful 6yrs ago in the UFC!

Damn! Now is a solid card
Rooting for Narkun

Also trying to get rid of De Fries.
It's funny how they brought DeFries as a can to crush for Andryszak, and he not only beat him, but also embarrassed Bedorf. And now, honestly i think he's gonna ko Narkun pretty easy.

one that has some alright contenders like Bedorf.
Really? IMO Bedorf is the most overrated KSW fighter ever, he was struggling against Thompson, Nastula, Graham and few others. Also KSW HW division is full of journeymans and freaks, just look at their former champs - Bedorf, Rodrigues and Różalski... not exactly creme de la creme.

I still can't believe Phil De Fries in 2019 is holding a HW title in a fairly major MMA promotion - one that has some alright contenders like Bedorf. PDF was awful 6yrs ago in the UFC!

According to his interviews, he had some serious anxiety issues for a long time and since 3 or 4 fights he is taking something against it.

Don't know if this is the reason for his recent success though and like DonCarlos already said Bedorf is a KSW Hypeproduct and no worldbeater. But to be honest I was quite surprised that he won against Andryszak, weathered the storm and finished him on the ground .Maybe I just overrated Andryszak, I knew that he hasn't some kind of granit chin but I didn't expect his cardio to be that bad.

Last edited:
to be honest he had a tough run in ufc. Miocic, todd duffee and mitrione were all super dangerous fights.

Back