krzysztof soszynski says that weightlifting does nothing for you in MMA. (video link)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bright5086200

Blue Belt
Reaction score
go to UFC.COM and watch the krystof soshzyniski Q and A video on the main page.

At 24:15 Krystoff says that "in this sport weightlifting does absolutely nothing for you."

So he has been a bodybuilder before and has probably experienced heavy weightlifting. So do you think he just doesn't utilize it more, or is is true that weightlifting really wont do your body good especially if you are worried about training so many aspects.. haha. so im guessing barbells like everyone on this forum is the best to use. Hes saying your wrong, and so isnt team quest. hmmmmm

JUST WATCH THE VID.

i don't really think so. I mean hes strong already. He is doing more of functional training. I mean, sure early in your career you should build a good solid strength training routine, but like i have said before, If you take that hour and use that towards grappling or striking, you will be THAT much better at doing it. But strength training is good, but even brock lesnar barely does it anymore. He swings sledge hammers and flips tires and if he weight lifts its only 1-2 times weekly and its not even heavy.

Chael sonnen even says that he doesn't do the ultimate weight lifting championship. He says he goes in a spars so much, that when he goes into fight, its not as hard.

I won`t bother watching the video but there are a couple of things to consider:

- Body building is not about strenght, it`s about looks so no, training like a body builder won`t help you in mma.

- There is such a thing as enough strenght within a particular sport. Once you reach that point further increases in strenght give you no noticeable advantage. So while a noob will definitely benefit from lifting, someone who lifted all their life won`t reap the same benefits.

I won`t bother watching the video but there are a couple of things to consider:

- Body building is not about strenght, it`s about looks so no, training like a body builder won`t help you in mma.

- There is such a thing as enough strenght within a particular sport. Once you reach that point further increases in strenght give you no noticeable advantage. So while a noob will definitely benefit from lifting, someone who lifted all their life won`t reap the same benefits.

yes, thats why i said do weightlifting when your young to establish that base, you know?

And for bodybuilding. I know bodybuilding is for hypertrophy and 8-12 rep range and size and powerlifting is for heavy 1-3 reps, strength. Trust me i have lived around this for my entire life. you dont have to define it for me. But im saying that bodybuilders do get strong also and even sometimes lift heavy weight. thats why i said that.

good points, but im more knowledgable than what u r trying to tell me.
:icon_twis

pudzianowski-workout.jpg

Pudzianowski is displeased and begs to differ.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back