Krylov getting screwed by the UFC

About the response I expected.

Go hed and give your break down of why yet another boring ass WMMA put as co-main was exciting. I'll drop my expectations and try to see it your way.

Striking was sloppy. 0 power. Ground game is always years behind. Only thing they had going was the one with hair was cute.

Imo they should've given out 4 POTN bonuses to Woodley, Ellenberger, Krylov and Hamilton. Rose & Karolina's fight wasn't bonus worthy.

Of course it wasn't, its like some kind of token gesture to try and convince gullible viewers that WMMA is on par.

Think about it, when the flyweight division came in, I swear that every single flyweight fight was lauded as being amazing and pretty much every card had bonuses going to flyweights even if it didn't seem a stand-out fight. It was a tactic to push the division to the forefront and that's what they're doing with the female divisions now. They probably think that if they keep pushing it by rewarding them with bonuses, a lot of fans will start thinking 'oh maybe I'm missing something here, maybe they're better than I thought, they must be or else they wouldn't be getting bonuses'

The dude is on a 5 fight finish streak, and hasnt gotten one bonus. His finish last night was just as good as Woodleys and better than Jakes imo. Wtf does he have to do to get a bonus?

He needs to get on the main card first.

That card had four or five POTN finishes, but the UFC usually rewards people higher up on the card.

Go hed and give your break down of why yet another boring ass WMMA put as co-main was exciting. I'll drop my expectations and try to see it your way.

Striking was sloppy. 0 power. Ground game is always years behind. Only thing they had going was the one with hair was cute.

Pretty much this 100%.

Karolina at least was easy on the eyes.

The rest... lol all those strikes, Rose even hit Karolina clean on the face several times, no knockout, she was't even stunned for a single moment.

Ridiculously bad fight yet people are pretending it's awesome, it's sickening.

I'd say Jake's was the best followed by Kylov.

tumblr_ob5p1sUqWQ1rofocqo1_500.gif

tumblr_ob5p1sUqWQ1rofocqo2_500.gif

I thought he deserved one too, one of the best KOs of the year.

It even had Walk Off Bonus Points.

There is no way that that wasn't Knockout of the Night. This card had a lot of cool KO's but that was easily the best of them.

Hmmmm something tells me it's not worth the effort as it seems quite obvious that most of you have long since made your mind up about "WMMA" (A disparaging term in and of itself as the women aren't a separate part of the UFC like WNBA is)

Simply put, The skill level in that fight was higher that that of any other fight on the card. The striking was not sloppy at all. I don't check these fight metric stats or whatever but I'm positive that the vast majority of strikes thrown connected. Rose was very quick and light on the feet in the first round and connected time and time again. Once she started clinching with KK in the 2nd round she started to eat some heavy knees and elbows and the tide turned in the fight. KK totally dominated the 3rd round in the striking and grappling.

I enjoyed the fight and felt it quite rightfully won fight of the night in a card that consisted of several very sloppy decision fights and some quick KO's. The vast majority of the MMA world seem to share those sentiments. Again, it's only a very small but vocal minority that shit-talk the women's fights because of their own warped personal beliefs against women and fighting.

Isn't he the guy who gassed BAD vs SOA? Dude's come a long way. Active too.

tumblr_ob5p1sUqWQ1rofocqo1_500.gif

tumblr_ob5p1sUqWQ1rofocqo2_500.gif

I thought he deserved one too, one of the best KOs of the year.
I agree, he set it up really well with low kicks leading up to that also. It was clearly all well thought out even while Herman was hitting him in the exchange.

Of course it wasn't, its like some kind of token gesture to try and convince gullible viewers that WMMA is on par.

Think about it, when the flyweight division came in, I swear that every single flyweight fight was lauded as being amazing and pretty much every card had bonuses going to flyweights even if it didn't seem a stand-out fight. It was a tactic to push the division to the forefront and that's what they're doing with the female divisions now. They probably think that if they keep pushing it by rewarding them with bonuses, a lot of fans will start thinking 'oh maybe I'm missing something here, maybe they're better than I thought, they must be or else they wouldn't be getting bonuses'

Warped logic. I'm much more than a casual fan and only hear about the fight bonuses on this site. Casuals wouldn't know or give 2 shits and a fuck about fight bonuses. Try again.

it was a great KO

possibly deserved bonus over Ellenberger, but not over Woodley

You do NOT need to be on main card to get POTN bonuses, not sure where you got that

You don't.... but it sure helps your chances. I've noticed the UFC has a tendency to give bonuses to people on the main card over those on the undercard.

It even had Walk Off Bonus Points.

There is no way that that wasn't Knockout of the Night. This card had a lot of cool KO's but that was easily the best of them.
IMO this is where the true martial artists shine, guys like Machida, Hunto, and Nelson who don't see the need to damage the opponent more than necessary to win, good on Krylov to hold back on follow up beatings... Imagine what Hendo would've done to Herman :(

The dude is on a 5 fight finish streak, and hasnt gotten one bonus. His finish last night was just as good as Woodleys and better than Jakes imo. Wtf does he have to do to get a bonus?
yep, that was on the prelims, the other two were on ppv, it sucks but the bonuses are subjective as hell.
I remember when JDS spinning wheelkicked hunt into the oblivion after 3 rounds of hard exchanges.
UFC160-JDSXMarkHunt-Rd3-2a-realtime-side-KO-400-sg.gif

and didn't get the bonus because that night mike tyson was there and said that grant's tko by punches of maynard was better than a HW spinning wheelkick to the head of one of the most durable mma fighters ever, so dana listened to him...

Why do I feel you are a 5'5" 140lb manlet and shaking your fight at the screen as you type?

I'm sure he got some kind of "backstage bonus" but I wonder if those are equal to the 50k he should get.

Back