Kron Signed by UFC

Also, what were your thoughts on him opting to fight bareback the second time, presumably to limit the techniques that Yoshida (gold medalist Judoka) could employ?
Wearing a gi in MMA when you don't have to against a guy who is better jiu jitu (yoshida beat royce at bjj in their first fight) is insanely stupid. A gi is a huge disadvantage.

Wearing a gi in MMA when you don't have to against a guy who is better jiu jitu (yoshida beat royce at bjj in their first fight) is insanely stupid. A gi is a huge disadvantage.

Does Yoshida know bjj or newaza? Yeah, I figured he took it off to give himself the best advantage. Judo guys have insane grips.

Does Yoshida know bjj or newaza? Yeah, I figured he took it off to give himself the best advantage. Judo guys have insane grips.

It's funny, big controversy after the first fight, Royce had the limp wrist going and the ref stops the fight. It could be Royce knew he was going to go to sleep and did the limp wrist so they'd stop the fight before he passes out and then he can say "Look! I'm not asleep! You cheated me!"

Then...

During the rematch...

Royce doesn’t wear the gi, which is exactly what Yoshida used to choke Royce prior to the stoppage in their first fight.

Last edited:
He's going to do great, until he gets punched.

The first fight had gi jiu jitsu with heel hooks on the floor so I ssume he was training for that. Jiu jitsu was still mostly primitive and underdeveloped way back in 2002 so it didn't take much for someone coming from a real grappling sport to dominate.

The first fight had gi jiu jitsu with heel hooks on the floor so I ssume he was training for that. Jiu jitsu was still mostly primitive and underdeveloped way back in 2002 so it didn't take much for someone coming from a real grappling sport to dominate.

Underdeveloped? Lmfao... marcelo first adcc was 2003, how did jiu jitsu evolve so much in one year? Terere jaca and roger coming up, 3 of the best grapplers ever, yet it was underdeveloped? In 2003 marcelo subed 2 all American and on wrestler icon in mike vanarsdale, who must have been doning subwrrslting for at leat 6 years, since he was fighting mma in late 90s...

Royce was not under any Lens a jiu jitsu phenom, but to say bjj in general was underdeveloped is ludricous...

Underdeveloped? Lmfao... marcelo first adcc was 2003, how did jiu jitsu evolve so much in one year? Terere jaca and roger coming up, 3 of the best grapplers ever, yet it was underdeveloped? In 2003 marcelo subed 2 all American and on wrestler icon in mike vanarsdale, who must have been doning subwrrslting for at leat 6 years, since he was fighting mma in late 90s...

Royce was not under any Lens a jiu jitsu phenom, but to say bjj in general was underdeveloped is ludricous...

I mean marcelo was blowing people's minds with the seatbelt and x-guard...

What about Royce's first fight with Yoshida? The Gracie family was upset with the ruling. Do you think he went limp or was out? Also, what were your thoughts on him opting to fight bareback the second time, presumably to limit the techniques that Yoshida (gold medalist Judoka) could employ?

That was the only big thing that came to mind for me, in terms of controversy. That, and Renzo's behavior at times. However, I am a fan of Renzo's and would be honored to be a student, so I'll overlook it lol.
I definitely think Royce was at least about to go out. He definitely lost that first one

I'm looking forward to it and think Kron will do well. There are a few bantamweights that I think he would be a favorite against. He has been training with the Diaz brothers for years so he has sparred rangy boxers which IMO would give him the most trouble. jake Shields didn't real;ly train striking with the daiaz brothers. They trained Boxing Jake trained Muay Thai with Woodenman.

So I guess people jumped the gun?

I can’t anymore news or confirmation of Kron signing with the UFC, does anyone else have any info besides that one tidbit about the UFC negotiating with him?

from 2 days ago, sounds like there's been some ongoing negotiations

plqb4od0hz021.jpg

Watched that long ago but it seemed biggest problems Ryan had in that fight is he was pathetically weak compared to Rogers and you could see he was not confident in his striking. I don't argue that it's some killer strategy. Relying on being able to both outstrike everyone in the division as well as out jiu jitsu them is pretty risky. It's still a huge advantage especially compared to just laying there completely helpless and defenseless eating leather like Conor did against khabib.

I think part of the problem was that Ryan overextended pretty badly and got dropped.
After that he was coming from behind and he didn't have the power to get a TKO and Saul was shutting down the leg entanglements.

Kron vs Alex Caceres is confirmed.

While Caceres can be a clown, he looked great against Yair, and upset Sergio Pettis.

I can’t believe the UFC is putting in Kron against someone with so much MMA experience. Sure Caceres is dead meat on the ground with his long, vulnerable limbs and poor ground game, but still, hard fight for Kron’s first ever octagon match. The 5 minute rounds won’t help him either. Alex’s height will make it hard for Kron to dirty box since breaking Caceres’ posture will be difficult since he’s reaching up.

He's trolling man. Don't take the bait

He's trolling man. Don't take the bait

I get the feeling rather that Yan is quite genuine in his mendacity.

In either case though, the right answer is to recognize static as static, and tune it out.

Last edited:
Back