Kron Signed by UFC

That's Cool. What weight class will he fight in ?

He fought in Japan at 145 (same weight in rules as in UFC)?

Can't strike particularly well, can't wrestle (at least that we've seen), hasn't fought in a cage.... can't see this working out well. I hope he does well but I'm skeptical.

Can't strike particularly well, can't wrestle (at least that we've seen), hasn't fought in a cage.... can't see this working out well. I hope he does well but I'm skeptical.
Can't strike? He trains with the Diaz brothers and their influence on him is very strong.

Strange signing, but Amir Sadollah had zero pro fights when he got his UFC contract so who knows

Can't wait to see him.

No idea how he'll do. I can see him using his grappling kinda Ortega style or something.. no idea either if his striking and chin are decent enough to make this a reality tho..

They’ll probably match him with some TUF washouts with no grappling ability to start with.

If he goes up against any UFC fighter worthy of Fight Pass prelims or higher, he’ll get fucked up.

As you can see...my hopes aren’t high.

Unless he got his wrestling on piont, he’ll be out decisioned quite easily as soon as he faces someone competent...

Unless he got his wrestling on piont, he’ll be out decisioned quite easily as soon as he faces someone competent...

I doubt he'd outwrestle decent wrestlers anyway. I hope he'll bring something new to the table in terms of submission game or something more unorthodox, because otherwise he's kinda screwed anyway, imho

Alrighty kid, ya made it to the show. Don't let us down like Maia did.
Capture+_2018-11-17-17-38-07.png

I doubt he'd outwrestle decent wrestlers anyway. I hope he'll bring something new to the table in terms of submission game or something more unorthodox, because otherwise he's kinda screwed anyway, imho

Krons closed guard stuff was pretty cool in his last fight, but
Krons closed guard was pretty cool in his last fight and it super likely he can catch anybody in the ufc in a random sub if they grapple with him but the question is can he get them to grapple.

While that may be true, I was shocked by how well his Bjj worked against Kawajiri.

That's sick. I will definitely watch. I feel he will really cement his family's legacy with this one.

The Gracies have caught some criticism about their members being largely absent from competition in the UFC recently. I never thought it was warranted.

I will watch his fights, excited for it.

I think this is dead on. With the level of wrestling or TDD possessed by your average, athletic, UFC fighter, and with the level of wrestling possessed by particularly good wrestlers, maybe it's just not the smartest most effective strategy for a pure Bjj type fighter to pay much attention to their takedowns. Certainly they should be competent and good enough to snatch an opportune takedown, but to win fights with Bjj perhaps a more novel approach is called for.

Krons closed guard stuff was pretty cool in his last fight, but

Krons closed guard was pretty cool in his last fight and it super likely he can catch anybody in the ufc in a random sub if they grapple with him but the question is can he get them to grapple.
Your comment makes me think, what types of submission fighters are consistently winning fights with submissions nowadays? I can think of the Ortega model, reminiscent of a prime Anthony Pettis, which is to be dangerous with strikes to compliment your submissions. Or the super aggressive Palhares method. I guess Jacare has been pretty successful as well with his 3 dimensional game.

Back