Kron is out of his mind if he thinks he won the decision

What made Kron think he won that fight? Talk about delusional. What did he do to deserve a win?

Cub's lucky it's in a cage. If it were out in the open Kron would walk him back to the edge of the flat earth and kick him off like that scene in 300.

So, like most Gracie fights, he would have won if this was on the streets. The rules saved Cub.

Kron was a larger man being a punching bag for a smaller guy. His next logical fight might be someone like Michael Johnson but I don't think he can walk him down.

...what surprised me the most was....that he actually got a Bonus for getting punched up.

If anything, the fact that he's durable and has a good chin will keep Kron from evolving. He'll think he can stand with anyone he can't take down and "win" the fight in his own mind. If he got KO'd, he might realize he needs to work on both TDs and striking (especially defense) more. It's kind of like Roy Nelson...the fact he could absorb huge amounts of punishment and KO lesser opponents made him think he didn't need to lose his belly or upgrade his style. Even when he lost he could say "at least I didn't get finished."

Right on. Good analysis.

What made Kron think he won that fight? Talk about delusional. What did he do to deserve a win?
You have to be able to think from his perspective,m from inside the cage.
He was always hunting, going forward.
In that perspective, he must be thinking that this Aggression/Octagon control gave him the round.

Note: I don't think he won, but inside the cage it is harder to see what we saw.

well the criteria for scoring a fight is based on, effective aggression, octagon control, and damage dealt. you can make an argument Kron won 2 out of 3 of those aspects... he pushed forward the entire time and controlled the center of the cage, cub no doubt landed cleaner strikes, but at the end of the fight it looked like cub had sustained more damage than Kron did. im not saying i think he won, but i can see how there is an argument for it
Its effective striking not damage at all.

Back