Kron is out of his mind if he thinks he won the decision

It is pretty normal for almost every fighter to think they won a very difficult competitive fight. They aren't keeping score as they are fighting...

Honestly it's not that crazy

The 2nd and 3rd rounds were close, way closer than some people seem to think

Kron actually heavily out landed cub to the head, most of Cubs most significant shots were to the body and he mostly only glanced blows to the head

They landed a similar amount of strikes

On the first watch I thought it was a clear win for cub but it was way closer than the commentary would have us believe

Even if true, Cub had lost his 4 previous fights and is definitely on the downside of his career. There are better strikers at FW who will outstrike him and won't be willing to flat out brawl as much as Cub did.

Gracies Vale Tudo mentality!

No such thing as decisions or point fighting.

<seedat>
They only believe in demanding special treatment and rules, then throw in the towel when their rules backfire on them, but still refuse to admit they lost

Well, Kron is older (31) and the Gracies aren't known for evolving. We'll see, but I don't think he'll change much.
His boxing actually looked pretty good, very reminiscent of Nate's style

I'd say how much he worked on his striking and defense is a good indication of his evolution and willingness to evolve

With a bit more work I could see him being quite formidable on the feet. Maybe

Honestly, about 90% of people need to watch that fight again. With the sound off

Even if true, Cub had lost his 4 previous fights and is definitely on the downside of his career. There are better strikers at FW who will outstrike him and won't be willing to flat out brawl as much as Cub did.
True

Cub has better Tdd than most tho

Think that was a fight he was forced into stylistically, knowing he probably wasn't gonna get the takedown from the jump

Regardless, it's still a good indication for his 5th fight and as a Gracie

One thing in particular which was really good was his defense, not to the body but almost all the shots to the head were blocked / deflected or glancing

It was kind of impressive

Well, in a way, he did win. No one thought he would try and bang it out for the whole fight, with Cub. I actually think this loss is a great thing for him. Removes the "undefeated" stigma, builds his confidence in his stand up, his chin, survived a war, and many other valuable lessons as well. MANY great fighters have losses early in their career. This will make him stronger, I think.

Being delusional is an inherited Gracie trait.

To hear a Gracie tell it, nobody in their family has truly ever lost a fight.

What made Kron think he won that fight? Talk about delusional. What did he do to deserve a win?
well the criteria for scoring a fight is based on, effective aggression, octagon control, and damage dealt. you can make an argument Kron won 2 out of 3 of those aspects... he pushed forward the entire time and controlled the center of the cage, cub no doubt landed cleaner strikes, but at the end of the fight it looked like cub had sustained more damage than Kron did. im not saying i think he won, but i can see how there is an argument for it

What made Kron think he won that fight? Talk about delusional. What did he do to deserve a win?
Fighters don't view their decisions in the way a fan or judge might. They don't know how the rounds are being judged during the fight, and often ask their corner what the score is.

This means any objective statement on fight scoring is done later, upon viewing the fight they participated in. They will still be extremely biased towards themselves when watching a fight they participated in and scoring it.

We should never expect a fighter or coach to have anything close to an objective opinion on fight scoring.

Last edited:
True

Cub has better Tdd than most tho

Think that was a fight he was forced into stylistically, knowing he probably wasn't gonna get the takedown from the jump

Regardless, it's still a good indication for his 5th fight and as a Gracie

One thing in particular which was really good was his defense, not to the body but almost all the shots to the head were blocked / deflected or glancing

It was kind of impressive
as much as i'd like him to succeed in mma... he started boxing too late. It's sloppy. his ceiling isn't going to be much higher. and he doesn't hit hard.

He did better than I thought striking but also it was against Cub. and you better have a better strategy than that and a more diverse bag of tricks. There's no point in trying to mimic the Diaz bros style of just boxing. Not many can.

but yes he's tough and put it all out there. respect.

Vanity is the sin of the (some of the) Gracies.

The Gracie cultists should be ashamed of themselves though, trying to spin this into anything other than a straightforward and uncontroversial loss. Nothing about this fight was complicated.

Honestly it's not that crazy

The 2nd and 3rd rounds were close, way closer than some people seem to think

Kron actually heavily out landed cub to the head, most of Cubs most significant shots were to the body and he mostly only glanced blows to the head

They landed a similar amount of strikes

On the first watch I thought it was a clear win for cub but it was way closer than the commentary would have us believe

I'm not sure what you were watching. It was not that close and Kron definitely didn't outland Cub to the head. Competitive? Yes. Close? Hell no.

Vanity is the sin of the (some of the) Gracies.

The Gracie cultists should be ashamed of themselves though, trying to spin this into anything other than a straightforward and uncontroversial loss. Nothing about this fight was complicated.
...what gracie cultists. no one thinks kron won. youre yelling at the void.

he certainly didn't win the fight, but it was impressive to how much damage he inflicted on cub. hopefully he can keep evolving like brian ortega did fight by fight. ortega started off as a brawler with power and just ran though shots to get the finish to becoming a very good striker. i see possible similarities.

Ortega's striking is pretty bad. What makes you think otherwise? His KO of frankie? He had like 6 inches on Frankie, and thats the only reason he had success. Hes not very good at striking.

...what gracie cultists. no one thinks kron won. youre yelling at the void.

You are simply wrong.

I've seen a number of comments on YT and even some on here to that effect.

Moreover, there are *certainly* a lot of "it was closer than it appeared" and "in a real Vale Tudo fight Kron very likely could have won" type comment, which are nearly as removed from reality.

Definitely not a majority, but they certainly exist.

In the Gracie line of thinking, he didn’t die so he won.

You are simply wrong.

I've seen a number of comments on YT and even some on here to that effect.

Moreover, there are *certainly* a lot of "it was closer than it appeared" and "in a real Vale Tudo fight Kron very likely could have won" type comment, which are nearly as removed from reality.

Definitely not a majority, but they certainly exist.

Dudes who dress up like cartoon animals and fuck each other exist. and if you go to a degenerate convention (like youtube) you'll probably find a lot more.

most people get the gist here at least. After that fight i'm even thinking Krons future in mma looks bleak. Although seeing him being competetive with a ton of heart was still pretty sweet. but a better striker is going to lay him out. i'm surprised he was a favorite.

Back