Kron Gracie to make a switch to MMA

Kron should watch his relatives fights yesterday before making this decision, especially Rolls Gracie's son :icon_chee
Rolles+Gracie+vs.+Derrick+Mehmen.gif

I have no idea what kron's striking is like...but im sure he'd come in far more prepared than rolls was...

He could go welterweight but maybe even light weight.

He competes at 180 with the gi. That means he probably walks around at 175-177 on a competition day, with no cut. As long as h doesn't plan to pack on alot of muscle mass, I'd say he needs to go light weight, maybe even feather.

Krons style has always been fairly well suited for mma. its all about how good a training camp he gets imo. I think he can do very well.

Kron should watch his relatives fights yesterday before making this decision, especially Rolls Gracie's son :icon_chee
Rolles+Gracie+vs.+Derrick+Mehmen.gif

Whoa! Did Rolles just do the "Ric Flair Flop!?!?!?" such technique! You can't teach that type of manuever. Kron has some big shoes to fill.

Whoa! Did Rolles just do the "Ric Flair Flop!?!?!?" such technique! You can't teach that type of manuever. Kron has some big shoes to fill.

It was hilarious. Watching live I couldn't believe that he legitimately fell like that, it was totally the Ric Flair flop, but when he was down he was out cold. Equally crazy was that this was the second round, and he had won the first round by straight boxing.

I have no idea what kron's striking is like...but im sure he'd come in far more prepared than rolls was...

Actually Rolles was winning in the striking department, the first round was all Rolles. The second one too, but then Mehmen connected a haymaker straight to the jaw. MMA heavyweight can be unfair sometimes, no matter how technical and good striker you are, if the brawler connects you're down.

Actually Rolles was winning in the striking department, the first round was all Rolles. The second one too, but then Mehmen connected a haymaker straight to the jaw. MMA heavyweight can be unfair sometimes, no matter how technical and good striker you are, if the brawler connects you're down.

oh ok man, but I was actually talking about the comments renzo made about rolles 'not being focused in training'

He competes at 180 with the gi. That means he probably walks around at 175-177 on a competition day, with no cut. As long as h doesn't plan to pack on alot of muscle mass, I'd say he needs to go light weight, maybe even feather.

Featherweight? Are you mad? The reason I brought up weight is because on competition day Kron already looks pretty ripped. I don't know how much more Kron could diet out any body fat and then leave it for a water cut. 20lbs is way too much water to cut.

agreed - look at the ufc hw division, outside of Cain and JDS, all the young talent just seem to be big punching bruisers who can take a punch (and in some cases take advantage of the lax TRT criteria).

OH and I do think Kron's BJJ style is suited to MMA. If he gets with a good camp he'll do good ImO.

Featherweight? Are you mad? The reason I brought up weight is because on competition day Kron already looks pretty ripped. I don't know how much more Kron could diet out any body fat and then leave it for a water cut. 20lbs is way too much water to cut.

He fought Lightweight at the Mundials he got silver in, and that's day of weigh ins. Lightweight in MMA would probably be a cake walk for him. Ben Henderson fought lightweight in BJJ and lightweight in MMA too. 145 wouldn't be far fetched if he was interested in making that weight.

Back