Kron Gracie gets his black belt

Ha, if I was a competing black belt I wouldn't want to hear that Kron was just promoted.

I think most people thought Rickson was going to wait for him to win the mundials at brown belt before promoting him.

He did win the Mundials at brown... last year. He didn't compete open, but in the finals of his weight class he submitted Octavio Sousa, the guy who won the open weight.

Oh, didn't know that. I had just heard a lot of people saying that they thought Rickson was going to wait for him to win this year. Yeah, you really should only have to win the world championships once for a promotion, ha.

i am suprised because i thought it would be at a big stage or rickson would take kron back to brasil so his father could give him the black. Hey the black belt is no joke in jiu jitsu. Other belts the phenoms stay one maybe two years at the most.. But the black belt is where ALL of the phenoms are. Sort of like the major leagues in baseball. We shall see.

Damn, now I HAVE to go to the Mundials on Sunday. :wink:

so i take it he'd compete in marcelo's division from what most are saying. i didnt understand the metric system...i knew roger competed at heavy obviously because of his size and i was wondering how many classes higher jacare competed at than marcelo

Wow, that is truly breaking news!

so i take it he'd compete in marcelo's division from what most are saying. i didnt understand the metric system...i knew roger competed at heavy obviously because of his size and i was wondering how many classes higher jacare competed at than marcelo

IIRC, Marcelo was middleweight. Jacare was Middle-Heavy. Roger was Super heavy.

Well this was certainly a well deserved promotion! I can't wait to see him and Galvao square off.

Surprise news to me! This is the first I heard of it. I guess Rickson wanted to give it to him after he rolled through the Rickson BJJ tournament in Japan recently and before the Mundials.

Kron is so tough mentally and physically. I don't know if he'll win, but he just made the medio black division that much tougher. Congratulations to him.

WOW!!! The anticipation is going to build to that day when we see him compete on that Sunday. Can't wait. I'll be there.

Kron vs Galvao

funny we're talking about Galvao when he was training awhile ago at Rickson's before the tournament in Japan

galvao is competing? i guess that the big match we'd see with kron in it? is he the only big name competing this weekend

galvao is competing? i guess that the big match we'd see with kron in it? is he the only big name competing this weekend

Back