Krav Maga demo

I attended a free 90 minute Krav Maga lesson a few years ago. It was very intense and I came away a bit banged up.
Didn't see any techniques that would not work, unlike other systems.

I have since seen "krav maga" being taught by people who have backgrounds in different martial arts which appear much more watered down sadly.

To me this is almost on par with the karate demos as far as effectiveness goes. I would have thought it obvious to try to block a knife and follow it up with a kick or a punch if you choose not to run away...I don't think practising in super slow motion with an assistant that provides no resistance is an effective way to train in the slightest.

To me this is almost on par with the karate demos as far as effectiveness goes. I would have thought it obvious to try to block a knife and follow it up with a kick or a punch if you choose not to run away...I don't think practising in super slow motion with an assistant that provides no resistance is an effective way to train in the slightest.

Its a demo...

Even thai fighters, boxers, and mma fighters do slow mo shadow sparring from time to time.

I would have thought it obvious to GTFO when your opponent has a knife. But I don't do Krav Maga so what do I know? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I always thought krav maga was bs. Sure, go searching for eye pokesand sac shots while your opponent is throwing hands at you or picking you up and slamming you.

I always thought krav maga was bs. Sure, go searching for eye pokesand sac shots while your opponent is throwing hands at you or picking you up and slamming you.

That is small fry- haven't you seen the krav maga training on how to disarm a terrorist who has already pulled the pin and is holding a hand grenade??

That is small fry- haven't you seen the krav maga training on how to disarm a terrorist who has already pulled the pin and is holding a hand grenade??

More advanced techniques include blocking an RPG with the forearm, or even deflecting someone's arm from the nuclear button.

redbutton425-425x239.jpg

So to summarize the video:

Assailant throws exactly one strike, is countered with 10+ strikes, assailant offers zero resistance or additional strikes.

Situational stuff is fine. Situational stuff that gives practitioners a false sense of security is both irresponsible and dangerous.

So to summarize the video:

Assailant throws exactly one strike, is countered with 10+ strikes, assailant offers zero resistance or additional strikes.

Situational stuff is fine. Situational stuff that gives practitioners a false sense of security is both irresponsible and dangerous.
I'm speculating here and this may be way, waaaaay too advanced, real pro stuff that nobody should even attempt before getting their Black Flying Dragon of Gruesome Death belt but... what if we have the assailant throw TWO consecutive strikes?

I'm speculating here and this may be way, waaaaay too advanced, real pro stuff that nobody should even attempt before getting their Black Flying Dragon of Gruesome Death belt but... what if we have the assailant throw TWO consecutive strikes?

A lot of the Karate Goshin Jutsu is also based on the opponent only throwing one strike, as you know.

both of them wearing the same color clothing makes it kinda hard to distinguish who's who...

Looks street lethal. Obviously never used in the UFC because it's so deadly.

A lot of the Karate Goshin Jutsu is also based on the opponent only throwing one strike, as you know.
I know and I always hated it. Sometimes I'd throw a 1-2 just to mess with people. Was a real eye-opener for whitebelts. :p Yeah, I was "that guy".

I know and I always hated it. Sometimes I'd throw a 1-2 just to mess with people. Was a real eye-opener for whitebelts. :p Yeah, I was "that guy".

"That guy" would typically get KO'd in my old dojo.

"That guy" would typically get KO'd in my old dojo.
OK, I was a friendly "that guy". Never threw that 1-2 with intent to land, just to point out that you're fucked against anyone throwing more than 1. It forced people to shift stances, change angles or just be aware. Never got scolded for it either and nobody got hurt or offended.

Back