Krause: Joaquin Buckley's been kicked out of every gym in St. Louis

I like James, but his word isn't gospel. I'm not gonna hate on either guy.
Not too sure why he would make such a thing up though. It could be wrong but knowing the nature of this sport, it could be very likely. At my old gym I saw multiple guys get kicked out for similar things.

It was a joke, bro.

But in a more serious example, here is Overeem beating down a LW in sparring:
reem.gif

It's pretty common knowledge Overeem spars hard, and he has said it himself.

yeah i figured it was a joke. but to me, sparring hard isn't the same as what Lombard does. sparring hard is advantageous to the other guy. it mimics the speed and feeling of an actual fight.

*Sigh* what is he then? A MW ya scientist? He's obviously a great deal smaller than Overeem.

As a former fighter you would know that if you cripple your opponent with a body shot, you don't follow up with a head kick and another big shot to put them away. Especially someone so much smaller.

I trained at some old school gyms, and that's just bad form universally.

yeah i figured it was a joke. but to me, sparring hard isn't the same as what Lombard does. sparring hard is advantageous to the other guy. it mimics the speed and feeling of an actual fight.
Exactly, and you only spar hard when it's mutually agreed and your partners are of equal level/size.

Apparently Lombard used to annihilate everyone in rotation. Those are the rumours, anyway.

*Sigh* what is he then? A MW ya scientist? He's obviously a great deal smaller than Overeem.

As a former fighter you would know that if you cripple your opponent with a body shot, you don't follow up with a head kick and another big shot to put them away. Especially someone so much smaller.

I trained at some old school gyms, and that's just bad form universally.

I dont like the dutch sparring format at all. But i know how it works. And thats goes for the other guy also.

Not my style. But i am sure every sparring partner overeem have used, knew what kind of sparring they would do.

Yet it seems to only be Krause who has the problem with him.

Exactly, and you only spar hard when it's mutually agreed and your partners are of equal level/size.

Apparently Lombard used to annihilate everyone in rotation. Those are the rumours, anyway.

i agree you only spar hard if you mutually agree, but i fought at HW and sparred with guys who were WW and LWs who tried to kill me during sparring. i made sure to let them know that if they kept doing that i was going to do whatever i wanted too.

i also found out that Reem injured Jon Jones before his fight vs DC and injured Arlovski. Arlovski seemed pissed about it but then admitted he was just salty and him and Reem squashed it. still on the fence about Overeem being a prick, but you do make some good points.

Yet it seems to only be Krause who has the problem with him.
Huh? Not if he was kicked out of multiple MMA gyms in St Louis.
I'll say this is obviously an exaggeration from James but I 100% believe this his issue with him. James is one top guys/gyms in that area and is very plugged in. I'm sure Joaquin has either clowned around and/or was disrespectful too much towards James/his gym/his people and he's heard the same from at least a few other gyms/people he's friendly with.

Huh? Not if he was kicked out of multiple MMA gyms in St Louis.
I'll say this is obviously an exaggeration from James but I 100% believe this his issue with him. James is one top guys/gyms in that area and is very plugged in. I'm sure Joaquin has either clowned around and/or was disrespectful too much towards James/his gym/his people and he's heard the same from at least a few other gyms/people he's friendly with.

Oh I'm not disagreeing but Krause is the only person saying this. Surely one of the multiple gyms who kicked him out could have come out and backed up what he's saying.

It was a joke, bro.

But in a more serious example, here is Overeem beating down a LW in sparring:
reem.gif

It's pretty common knowledge Overeem spars hard, and he has said it himself.

A lightweight <Lmaoo> I even knew this guy and had met him back then and he was a 250lbs muscle monster.
An mma fighter from Germany Janosch Stefan and he was very thankful to spar with someone like Overeem.

You people should really visit Netherlands and go to some of the legendary gyms. They do spar hard and you better live up to the task but there is NO bullying, talking down, making fun of etc at all. Its a lot of respect and if they spar full contact well its really full contact.

Someone like AJ or Lombard with their bullying antics would be congratulated for their skill.
THen one of the dozens of stand up monsters would be told to spar with him. Someone like Andy Souwer etc and he would get the beating of a lifetime.

A lightweight <Lmaoo> I even knew this guy and had met him back then and he was a 250lbs muscle monster.
An mma fighter from Germany Janosch Stefan and he was very thankful to spar with someone like Overeem.

You people should really visit Netherlands and go to some of the legendary gyms. They do spar hard and you better live up to the task but there is NO bullying, talking down, making fun of etc at all. Its a lot of respect and if they spar full contact well its really full contact.

Someone like AJ or Lombard with their bullying antics would be congratulated for their skill.
THen one of the dozens of stand up monsters would be told to spar with him. Someone like Andy Souwer etc and he would get the beating of a lifetime.
Explains the number of MMA and kickboxing legends from Holland.

'The New Mansa' is still a way down the UFC pay scale and remained humble about going back to his night shifts at Walgreens pharmacy.

For the longest time, I didn’t have a job, I was just working at the gym and then working out there type. So my work was like my job, as in training, if that makes sense. But then I realised I don’t have to train too extensively, every day. Like eight hours, because I used to train eight hours every day, like non-stop. But it’s just wear and tear on the body. So as long I can train for two or three hours, I am good. And so, of course, I got free time so I might as well be making money.

Something tells me Krause is a bitter bitch.

Back